Sleeping in is not allowed

Princess having a cat nap
Alternate title: "Princess the cat does not understand weekends." Our normal schedule involves hubby going to bed by nine or nine thirty. Hopefully me doing the same. Then we get up at 5 a.m. on weekdays. Weekends, we may be up until midnight, and we would like to get up a little later on Saturday and Sunday. Well hubby reports that at 5 this morning, Princess walked on him from his feet to his shoulders and lay her head on his shoulder, trying to wake him, I guess or making sure he was okay. By 7:30 she was on my dresser. She was deliberately knocking things off one at a time and meowing loudly. She could not let us sleep in even until after 8. Of course she can cat nap all day.
My dogs start to get a little antsy if we sleep in too. Though this morning they did let us sleep in.
@Elizaby (3684)
• Pensacola, Florida
They were glad that you are home and knew you needed the rest
Some days are worse than others. This morning was the pits.
I had one who was all black Icalled MIdnight. AT seven every darned mornng she sat on my chest, patted my lips with a silken paw then when I sat up she darted to the door of he bedroom then tried o trip me as I staggered in the kitchen to open her cat food.She was right there mewoing at me hurry up woman Im hungry lol
Our pets definitely do not understand weekends.
@GardenGerty nope they sure do not indeed
@Ruby3881 (2012)
I remember those days! I used to just pull the cat under the covers with me and hug him. If he settled in, we both slept. If not, at least he'd avoid me for a while
She did snuggle hubby from five until after seven. I could not reach her to grab her. I may try that some time.
@Ruby3881 (2012)
@GardenGerty Mine used to park himself just above my head, between the pillow and the wall. So he'd be sort of sleeping on my head when I woke up, LOL!
I always want to wake them up over and over the rest of the day
Then she will bug me for something else. I am going to go remove her from my pillow and go to bed though.
@GardenGerty lol! had to do that several times last night, would wake up with fur tickling my nose
@Asylum (48278)
• Manchester, England
It seems perfectly reasonable to me that you should not be allowed to sleep if she wants some attention.
She does, her food dish may need a little something or the door needs open or a treat should be given.
@Asylum (48278)
• Manchester, England
@GardenGerty That is what she has owners for. You would be of no value to her otherwise.
@sallypup (27488)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Cats rule and humans drool.
Sure enough.
@Elizaby (3684)
• Pensacola, Florida
Give her a taste of her own medicine and wake her from a cat nap
I do, I wake her up and remove her from my pillow when I go to bed.
She walked the length of your husband? How funny.
She does that often. With me she sometimes comes to bed and gets up almost to my face to see if I am there.
• Japan
And then, they sleep all day while you have to work or do housework or whatever. They don't get it that you can't spend 20 hours sleeping like they can.
No and even if she understood she would not care.
@drannhh (15229)
This is one of the reasons why as much as I love cats we do not have one at home.
Princess will be our last pet. We do not want anything bad to happen to her, but we know she is getting up there in age. That is also why she has some of these behaviors.
Ha that is funny the little cat waking you guys up. She wants you guys awake so she can sleep of course.
I think she is genuinely concerned that we are not doing our regular routine.
That's a kitty for ya.
Yes, and I think she does a lot of her stuff on purpose.
@ElicBxn (60884)
That's the good thing about being retired, the cats never know when I'm going to get up. Pong, the toothless one, knows he's going to be feed in the bathroom and waking us up early isn't going to get him fed.
@gardengerty Princes sounds like me I am seldom sleep in. I may go back to bed at 6 or 7 am for a few hours but most days I am up early and usually go to bed at 8 pm but am trying but I slept in today and took an along nap today, and I think I will be up most of the night but will be up early tomorrow! I have to be up by 2:30a as the cook asked if she can come early because her other job is over and she has to kill time si I told her she can come over early because I just adore her! AT least, Princess is watching over you two making sure you get up early and not be groggy all day from sleeping late!
One of our dogs is good at barking in the middle of the night to go out. Or a half hour or so before I get up.
Cats wake us up early and then they sleep all day. Ugh!
• Stanton, Kentucky
I'll bet she went back to sleep after she was sure the two of you were up and moving!
These pets know exactly how to win over hearts. Preiti is no less. She hates me when I am on my pc. She knows I do not like it when she scratches herself and that's exactly what she will do until I get up and sit with her (lol)
I'd be shutting her out of the bedroom! :)
@MsTickle (24977)
Sounds like my Banjo, walks over me. knocks stuff down and when all else fails he finds an exposed toe or finger and bites. This means he needs to go out so I really do have to wake up.