My Toothpaste Made Me Sick

@Hate2Iron (7763)
Now isn't that the oddest thing that you ever heard? I decided to brush my teeth about 4:30 I guess. We had all had our afternoon snacks about an hour earlier and I decided that I would make sure that no tartar was sticking. Anyway, the toothpaste that I am using isn't Colgate, but the Colgate name is on the tube, so they are somehow connected. Anyway, by six o'clock ( our dinner hour)I was feeling rather nauseous and barely touched my dinner... which was a traditional Sunday dinner that I look forward to each week. So much for that! I have one more snack at 8:30, so we shall see if I have any appetite by then. So, did the toothpaste have anything to do with it? It sounds so unlikely, but I was feeling fine until I used it. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Gee... I just get over one bug and I get another one! Yeah me! :(
That is not real toothepaste. I to that mess in the trash. I bought one from a discount store. Not ever again.
@Hate2Iron (7763)
I just might follow your example!
@Hate2Iron good for you.
I don't know, I have never heard that so you might have contracted something from someone else or it could be something in the toothpaste.
@Hate2Iron (7763)
Go figure that I would come up with something like this. If there is something going around... it will find me!!
@PainsOnSlate (20248)
I doubt it was the toothpaste unless it was a new brand you never used before. I hope you are feeling better and not coming down with the flu...Take care
@Hate2Iron (7763)
It's relatively new... but I think that you are right. I'm feeling fine this morning. :)
If you swallowed enough of it, it probably could upset your stomach.
@Hate2Iron (7763)
I don't think that I did and I would likely know wouldn't I lol! Must have been something else. It was just the timing!
I guess that it is a possibility. Maybe you shouldn't use it again,
@Hate2Iron (7763)
I'm going to try it for a few more days. This morning... nothing. Must have just been a fluke!
No, I have never heard of toothpaste making someone sick, but I do hope it is the toothpaste and not another bug.
@Hate2Iron (7763)
So do I... I haven't time to get sick again! I want to get out into the garden!!
That sounds very odd. I wonder if you had some kind of allergic reaction to it. I have never experienced this before. I wonder what the brand is and what it looks like. Maybe do a search and make sure there isn't any recalls.
Do you think you ingested it? By the way how can it be Colgate but not Colgate? It very well could be. Ir what about the food you ate? So many possibilities. I hipe you feel better. I think I got sick after drinking a Powerade the other day. I think it was a lot of sugar . But seemed bizarre for me to get sick off of it.