I really must write things down

@millie02 (6906)
United Kingdom
I keep forgetting things especially when I spend ages thinking of discussions to write about on myLot. Last night I thought of several subjects to discuss but this morning I have forgotten them all except one. So I think that in future I will write things down as I think about them. Do you have trouble remembering things?
@lady1993 (19652)
yes, so much...that is why i write it in a notebook or put it in my phone, when i can't put it on either stuff, i just remember it a few days or even weeks later
@millie02 (6906)
I think a notebook would be a good thing to carry around with me. I could write things down as they happen.
@annierose (18023)
I hate to write. My penmanship is like a chicken scratch That is why I just prefer to type my thoughts to make ideas readable.
@lady1993 (19652)
@annierose haha, we are quite the same, i have always been teased about my penmanship too - only i can understand it sometimes
As I get older I make more and more notes about all sorts of things. Otherwise many things would get forgotten.
@millie02 (6906)
It is easy to forget things when you have a lot of things to think about.
@annierose (18023)
It is true. After my trip, I made it a point to write about it soon. I want that when I get old I have something to read that will remind me of sweet memories.
@millie02 I forget things even when I DON'T have a lot to think about!
I think it happened to me too ^^; Usually I have several ideas before I was going to sleep, and too lazy to execute the idea then. But as soon as I woke up next morning I forget...Lol. I guess I really need to write it down first ^^
@millie02 (6906)
Most of my ideas come to me before sleep, then I have forgotten it all in the morning.
@annierose (18023)
@millie02 Then it is really a must that you write first before you go to sleep. I think it is a good way to practice writing too.
@millie02 (6906)
@annierose I will keep a notepad and pen beside the bed in future.
Oh my goodness I did this last night! I had some great discussion ideas I fell asleep thinking of. Of course now those ideas are gone. I hate that! Lol
@millie02 (6906)
It is nice to know that I am not the only one who does this.
@annierose (18023)
@millie02 It is same with me. While busily doing household chores, my mind wanders what topic to post in mylot. I am excited how many responses I can get, if many will find it interesting, and if I can obtain another useful information. However, when I am about to start posting, it happens most of the time that I could not remember it. To be honest, at my age I am quite forgetful already. So, what I do is I just write the topic in my phone or in a piece of paper. The problem is that I am too busy for that and it seldom happens that I can write what is on my mind.
@miniam (9235)
• Bern, Switzerland
l do make notes down, not only for here but for different things so i dont confuse myself when time comes to write it,
@millie02 (6906)
I would probably forget why I had written something if I wrote too much down.
@Marcyaz (35623)
I think we all have problems remembering certain things. I try to write them down as I think of them but sometimes by the time I start writing I forgot what I was going to write down.
@millie02 (6906)
I do this when speaking, I forget what I am going to say.
@Marcyaz (35623)
@millie02 I have just about the same problem I go to say something and my mind just goes blank and I can't for the life of me remember the word I wanted to say. Is that how it is for you also?
@millie02 (6906)
@Marcyaz Just like that and it can be embarrassing at times.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
Yes, I forget things all the time so I keep notes for everything! If I have an indpiration about a discussion topic in mylot, I will have to note it in the mobile or post it right away! Otherwise, in the morning the memory will be lost!
@millie02 (6906)
You can never remember it again can you? You just keep wondering what is was.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
@millie02 yes, or if I remember it I will miss the details and the idea won't sound so good on the next day! The inspiration of the moment will be gone in the morning!
@millie02 (6906)
@besweet It is difficult to remember all the details the next day.
@Avijit100 (953)
• Calcutta, India
I have this similar issue and to recall things on correct time, I'm now using a mobile app that rings and posts the task I am supposed to do.
@millie02 (6906)
This sounds like you are very organised.
• Calcutta, India
@millie02 Thanks Millie, I actually like being organized though I not always manage to do it perfectly.
@millie02 (6906)
@Avijit100 I am not terribly organised but I do try to be.
@kaka135 (14066)
I am always a forgetful person. I always want to write things down, and I do sometimes. But, sometimes I just forgot to write them down. But I found out, if I practice more - to remember things, my memories seem to become better. I used to just forget about it if I can't remember, now I try to remember, and sometimes I can actually remember it.
@millie02 (6906)
Perhaps the memory does get better with practice.
@kaka135 (14066)
@millie02 Yes, I have heard about that, and I practiced that, it works!
@millie02 (6906)
@kaka135 I will try it and perhaps mine will get better.
@AnneEJ (4989)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yes, I have notes all over. If I get an idea about something, I try to write it down right away, because if I don't, I can never remember.
@millie02 (6906)
I will have to start doing this too.
@AnneEJ (4989)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@millie02 I would be lost without my lists
Yes, I do have trouble remembering things. I have gotten in the habit of having a tablet near by and write them on there. Or, I will do a quick take on the subject matter and put them on a notepad and save them in my documents until I can deal with them. This helps me alot.
@millie02 (6906)
It is good to find ways to help you remember things.
@millie02 ....Yes, and whatever works.
@Ronrybs (7392)
• London, England
I have a supply of index cards that I forever noting odd little facts on
@millie02 (6906)
That is a good idea , keeping everything in order.
@Ronrybs (7392)
• London, England
@millie02 Only if you keep them in order. I have little piles of cards all over the place!
@rina110383 (24072)
No, but still I take down things I need to do, just in case I'll forget it.
@millie02 (6906)
This is a good idea, I am always forgetting to do things.
• Stanton, Kentucky
Oh yes! I have to write everything down, then hope I don't lose the paper I wrote it on.
@millie02 (6906)
I have to remember where I put the pen.