Do you pay your bills right away when it comes in?

As we are in a new month.The bills will be coming in. When the bills come in,do you pay it when you received it. Or do you pay it with the date that they say. As for me.I always pay my bills when the come in. I remember that I used to wait till I get all of them. But sometime the bills come in different times. Then maybe lost contact.Yes,I pay my bills when they come in. How about you?did you know that if you pay it earlier that your credit score will go up on the positive side.I do not know how this work t his.But I heard. Not that I am worry about mine.But young people should be aware of this. photo image public domaine
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
I pay mine right away. I never put it off until later. I am the complete opposite of a procrastinator. When I was a kid in school I would do my homework as soon as I got home and then I had the whole night to relax and not think about it. I could never understand those other kids that would do their homework at the very last minute right before bed time.
Thats coz we were raised right Howard lolz
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
@TiarasOceanView Very true and I would never forget to do it because then I would have to face the nuns with that long wooden ruler.
@howard96h Same here Howard.Just want to get it out of the way.I know it is tough for some to pay right away.
I do pay my bill immediately and way early Fredo. I have always done so.
@TirasOceanView.Same here.The bill is in and get it out of the way. May I ask you what is your name?
@amadeo What do you mean Fredo? My name is Ocean. Is that what you mean?
@TiarasOceanView I did not realized that this was your first name.thought it was sort of an avatar.Sorry, Yes,Never heard of this and just curious.I hope that I was not meddling there.Why did your parents name you Ocean? I am sure you must have a story to tell us.Or is it private.I find this interesting.. Thank you.Fredo
We always pay our bills as soon as they come in.
@marlina good girl there.I know that you have good credit there.
I pay them as soon as they come in! I am Power of Attorney and I handle all my elderly Dad's affairs and I pay all his bills as soon as they arrive too. One company I posed a question to said "You are the one who always pays so early!" Dad taught me that. Hooray for Dad. My husband and I have an incredibly high credit score and our State Farm agent said, "I never knew a credit score could go that high!"
@Corbin5 yes,that is what I was trying to say.To get your credit score up high.Mine is very high because of this
We probably pay the bills somewhere in the middle of the road. Not when we just get them - and not when its due the next day. I do think it's better to pay them as you get them - then there's less of a chance of forgetting about them (which sometimes happens ).
@much2say yes,your right.We do forget sometime.This is one of the reason paying it.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
I always like to get bills paid as soon as possible. As long as I have the cash I will pay a bill early if it arrives early.
@Asylum Gotcha I always have a budget for my bills.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
@amadeo I have all my bills entered into a spreadsheet so that I can monitor which are paid and which ones are due, which saves me from being caught by surprise. I also know what the annual outgoings would amount to on a weekly basis.
@silvermist (20116)
@amadeo No,I am guilty of not paying all the bills as and when I get them.
@silvermist okay,but you do pay them.
@silvermist (20116)
@amadeo Of course,I pay all my bills.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
I pay some of them when they come in and I leave others for later. Sometimes I forget or don't have time to go to the company store and pay it so I will leave it for the next month. Most bills don't have consequences of they are overdue so I don't get stressed about them!
@bsweet That is good.Here they do not.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
@amadeo It depends on the company, I know which ones have to be paid immediately. Usually the power bill is not very strict and water bill as well. The phone will be cut if I don't pay on time though because it's a private company!
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
Since I pay mine online, I will pay them the day they are due. I tfind it much easier that way. I don't have to bother amiling them and having the stamps I need. I have been paiying my bills online for quite awhile now.
@rosekiss.Many do pay online.Then you are all set.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
@amadeo The only time I send anything in the mail, is when I need to contact someone only by mail, and i will write them a letter, and then send it. I do prefer to pay them online whever possible.
I pay my bills as they become due and balance my money accordingly
@Marilynda1225 atta girl.I love a smart woman
I do pay mine when they come in, I don't wait until the day they are due because I am always worried they won't get to them on time. The only time I don't is when I just don't have the money like when our newborn was in the hospital so much. My husband lost a lot of work time so we are now behind and playing catch up which I HATE so much!
@LovingMyBabies I understand.But your doing great there.how are you and the family doing.
@Lucky15 (33700)
I pay them when it is almost due
@ShyBear88 (18035)
It depends on what bill it is and how much it is. If we have the money to pay it earlier then we do if not we wait till pay day. I also pay one or two wills every week a few dollars here and there. Some bills we spilt during the money till it's due.
@shybear88 That is not bad there.At least you are trying and paying
@ShyBear88 (18035)
@amadeo we are paying the, so it's more then just trying it doing.
We always pay our bills when they come in.
@jstory07 good for you.Your credit score should be great.
@carebear29 (28647)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
We get paid once per month for both of us so we pay them when our checks come.
@carebear29 Good and that is the way to do it.
Yes, I pay mine before they are due. Want to make sure they get there in time.
@SusanZ gotcha good girl
@Platespinner (17062)
My husband gets paid every two weeks and when he gets paid I sit down and pay all the bills that have come in. Early in the year some of the bills end up closer to the due date, but by the end of the year I'm usually a full month ahead and am able to make an extra payment (or two) on the mortgage.
@Platespinner this happens.
@Vjvals (924)
• Roseville, California
Yes I pay them right away, the credit score should reflect that better but places only report you when you can't pay and some of them for other reasons I won't say here
@VjVal I hear you and understand this.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I pay them asap, and if its a credit card bill I try to pay half because paying the minimum balance isnt that much helpful
@BaconstriipsxxxThis is a tough one Mike.Okay.
@cherriefic (4805)
I pay it before the due date but not right away. Depends on the money flow.
@cherriefic I hear you and and many do