Might Be Made Redundant In A Year. :(

@gudheart (12740)
There is a lot of talk at work regarding recent takeover of the business by another huge retail chain. This does mean our future is uncertain and most likely if the take over goes full swing then we will be out of the job. It is sad to hear that are jobs are at risk, but as long as I get redundancy pay it will give me some time to look for another job. Doubt anything will happen for a year yet anyway, but still worrying.
@Ronrybs (8115)
• London, England
This seems to be the way of the world at the moment. Hope you get better news than that
@gudheart (12740)
I just hope I won't be out of the job anytime soon and I have at least another two years.
It is worrisome for you and a lot of other people working there also.
@gudheart (12740)
Yep. I am hoping i get at least another 2 years.
I was given a 12 month warning of redundancy which I guess was good of the company so it provided practically an entire year to prepare. But it was also hard working knowing you were heading out the door. No more OT or chance for bonuses or raises.
@gudheart (12740)
it will be a interesting year for sure...lots of changes :(
@kane20 (2)
• Brazil
you're right I totally agree with you
@gudheart (12740)
Yep, the uncertainty is quite hard to deal with.
@rina110383 (24064)
Wise plan. I'm confident you'll be able to find another job given your experience in the financial industry. I'm pretty sure you already have prospects in case you'll look for one.
This is a global problem, the big chains take over smaller ones and jobs are lost. I hope you can find a better job.
@scheng1 (24741)
Instead of worrying too much, you can start some saving program. Perhaps use a tin or if you have a piggy bank, you can dig it out, and start to save coins. It will come in handy when you need some extra cash to spend on a loaf of bread. It will also make you feel happier and secure since you have taken action instead of just worrying.
Hope that you are not out of a job if there is a takeover.
@Poppylicious (10096)
Where I work we have restructuring take place every single year, and at the moment some of my colleagues are at risk of redundancy. I was made redundant from a position back in 2011. It's not a nice experience.
It is always a worry when one's job my in jeopardy. Glad redundancy pay will see you through if you need to spend time looking for another job.