First Time For Everything

@irishidid (8098)
I have two checking accounts at my bank and lot rent is usually done from one of them. This morning I saw the other check book open and realized I wrote the check on the wrong account. Unfortunately the checks are scanned when they receive them so I had to transfer enough money to cover into the account. The good thing is there is enough to cover the check in either account. Now I have to wait until it shows up at my bank to know where it went. The good thing is today was payday!
We have to be so careful when we write our checks.
@irishidid (8098)
Usually I am but for some reason I grabbed the wrong check book without looking at the account number.
This is why I don't maintain a checkbook, too much work and the worry of managing finances on a daily basis when I know very little money is left over to spend. It pays to reconcile your checking accounts doesn't it?
@irishidid (8098)
The money is there I just used the wrong check. Thankfully, I can cover it from either account. If I had another option I'd use it.
@irishidid what about using your bank to send checks electronically known as Bill Pay? That works wonders, and you don't have to pay for postage.
@irishidid (8098)
@Cintronwriter I've considered it and have used it for other things. Hey, I'm just trying to use up my old checks. LOL
@Asylum (44031)
• Manchester, England
It is a long while since I wrote a cheque, which is rapidly becoming an outdated payment system.
@irishidid (8098)
They do have another way to pay but they charge extra for it so at the present I just deal with checks.
I still write two or three checks a month but the rest I do online.
@gudheart (12887)
That is good that there was enough to prevent any real trouble :D
@irishidid (8098)
I always make sure of that. Haven't bounced a check yet!
Whew! Glad today was payday!
@irishidid (8098)
Come to find out I did write it on the correct account but luckily I had the money to cover it in both accounts.
Good thing you had enough money to cover the check or it could have resulted in a big mess
@Dextoi (1940)
A happy payday to you! Our payday's not getting processed until 10 more days... Anyway, it's good to know that your bank understands your problem.