Class Actions

@UncleJoe (9753)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
There are two classes of folks in the country. Sophisticated people and rednecks. Unfortunately, one of those groups is not aware of that, so I’ll give a few examples. To begin with, sophisticated people invest wisely in stock portfolios. Rednecks invest their money in commemorative plates. (do you have any idea how much a $75 Richard Petty dinner plate will be worth in 20 years?) Sophisticates also invest in retirement plans for the future. Our redneck plan involves playing the lottery. Another distinction is that classy people got to art auctions. We rednecks prefer yard sales. The funny thing is that at an auction, sales prices will climb. At a yard sale, they tend to go the other way as the day passes. If you’re patient enough, a whole house full of “treasures” can be picked up for a buck. There are more than enough examples that point out the differences in station. Do you know of any?
So glad the our country has rednecks and classy people. What a boring place this country would be if all were the same. Way down south in the state of IL, well in central IL too, one will find a lot of rednecks. Ever hear of Little Egypt at the southern tip of IL? All I can say about Little Egypt, uncomfortably close to where my parents were raised is "Oh my," let me be classy here, "Gosh!"
What happened to America being a classless society?
@UncleJoe (9753)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@jaboUK I've never heard that.
Living further south than you the rednecks in my area are quite different. The lottery is for the rich folk, the rednecks play corn hole.
@jahunt (1392)
I bought a lottery ticket and I find out if I win tonight! I'll let you guess which group I fall into! Lol!
Too funny, rednecks drive pickups classy people drive king cab trucks!!
I am just a damn Yankee
actually my aunt goes to rich people yard sales all the time, lol, unless they are just rich red necks
@Teep11 (7013)
We should have different groups. Some people think differently and they do things differently. What works for one group may not work for the other.