Yesterday Didn't Go As Planned....

@tammys85 (9690)
I had a pretty good weekend. I went to the store and watched the WWE Hall of Fame on Saturday, and I went to my brother's Wrestlemania Party on Sunday. I was planning to get back to my writing, MyLotting and everything else on Monday, but that didn't go as planned.... For starters, I had a bad headache for the first half of the day. Luckily, the medicine I took for it eventually kicked in. But then my laptop started overheating bad. The screen went black and my stupid self blew at the vent, thinking maybe it was just dust. Welp, smoke started coming out of it, so I hit the power button and turned it off. My brother-in-law is going to look at it and see if it needs to be replaced or not, and I'm gonna get a cheap cooling fan to use with it so I can at least turn it on and get my stuff off it. It won't take long because it's all in one folder. I've had this laptop since 2012, so it's not exactly brand new. My older sister is letting me use her old laptop in the meantime, which is how I'm posting this, and if I wind up having to get a new one, it'll probably happy by May or June; July at the latest. Blehhhhh. I'm just glad she had one I could use for my writing and other online stuff. I ran out with my family to see if I could find a cheap cooling fan and that was a bust. It also put me behind on my work, so I wasn't as productive as I would have liked to be. I eventually watched WWE Raw and blah, blah, blah... I was just ready for my Monday to be over. In other news, there was a buy one, get one free sale at WWE Shop, so I bought a Shawn Michaels t-shirt and got a Shane McMahon t-shirt for free lol. So it was about $30 for both of them together, which isn't bad. I felt a little bleh about it for a while because I started having problems with my laptop shortly after making my purchase. If the laptop problems would have started any earlier, I would have sat this sale out. I'm excited to receive my shirts next week or whenever, but still. I received a phone call today from MyEyeDr because I had to pay the second half of my bill (which was only about $22). The good news? I can go pick up my glasses in a few days. :) I'm gonna guess Friday or Monday, but we'll see. It will be nice to have an updated prescription, that's for sure. Alrighty, I'm gonna get ready to start on my work. I can't afford to have another day of not being productive. See ya later, fellow MyLotters.
@Teep11 (6992)
You're certainly an WWE fan. I hope you find out what's wrong with your laptop. Technology can go out at anytime. Things don't always go as planned but somehow we end up bouncing back.
@tammys85 (9690)
Yep, I am lol. I would have held off on the shirts if I had known my laptop was going to go screwy tho. My sister said 5yrs can be a while for laptops, but we're still trying to figure out if it's the end of the road for my current laptop or what. I've started browsing for another one, just in case. And thanks.
@tammys85 Sorry about the bad day! I wasn't having a good day yesterday as you was upset about something and didn't eat for five or so days and passed out on my back with a bottle of open iPepsi in my hand now the floor s all sticky, and I have a backache. I promptly ate some eggs and then I had three meals today and going to have cut up apple soon! So my Monday wasn't the best. I too am using my older sisters computer, but I am not getting a new one as she gave it to me to use for as long as I need it! Hope we both have a better rest of week!
@tammys85 (9690)
Thanks, and oh my goodness! Are you doing okay now?! That's good to hear. She knows I may have to hold onto this one for a few months, but I still want my own again, whether it's a new one or we can fix this one. I hope we both have a better week too!
@tammys85 Thank you for caring I am sated in my stomach now, but I do have a very bad backache because I woke up on my back. Woe! That hurts every time I move it hurts! But I will be fine the cook my sister hired is going to make me poached eggs! So I will have something for breakfast and lunch maybe a mayonnaise sandwich with cheese!
@tammys85 (9690)
@Marty1 You're welcome. I'm glad you're doing better now, and I hope your back feels better asap!
I'm sorry about your laptop issue but I am glad your sister had one for you to borrow-that was so nice of her to let you do that! =) I hope the rest of the week is much better for you.
@tammys85 (9690)
Thanks! She bought a new one over tax season and nobody uses this one, so she is letting me use it for a bit (she knows I work from home so I need to be online). We have a desktop computer too, but it's a shared computer.
@tammys85 That's awesome that you had something to use. =)
@tammys85 (9690)
@LovingMyBabies Thanks! It's been a lifesaver; using the shared desktop would have gotten annoying because I never know how long it's gonna take me to work.
That's a bummer about your laptop - mine overheats sometimes but so far no smoke - fingers crossed.
@tammys85 (9690)
Thank you so much. It happened when I blew in the vent to see if there was any dust inside. I don't know if this is a minor or major thing, but it cannot be good either way.
Hope the rest of the week goes better for you.
@tammys85 (9690)
Thanks, I appreciate it.
@MGjhaud (20742)
i hope you can still recover your files. i know you do a lot of writing.. and that shirt deal is awesome. i havent got a deal like that in a long time.
@tammys85 (9690)
Thanks! We may be able to at least get everything; I'm more worried about my pictures tbh. And it was an awesome deal, I just couldn't pass it up lol.
@MGjhaud (20742)
@tammys85 its hard to let go of something you're with or use almost the whole time
@tammys85 (9690)
@MGjhaud Definitely! Luckily most of my favorite pics are on my Facebook, but I still may be able to get them off my own laptop.
@carebear29 (28537)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Sorry to hear this. WWE was good though
@tammys85 (9690)
Thanks. It was good, which was a nice little break from wanting to throw my laptop lol. I can't wait until Randy Orton comes back. :D
@carebear29 (28537)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@tammys85 There are a few coming back. I think the 2 newbies start soon too
@tammys85 (9690)
@carebear29 Yeah Cesaro is back; Cena may not be quite ready to return but it should be in a few months. Randy keeps giving different time frames so I'm not sure if he's trying to play us or what.