They won't be calling back

My daughter just answered a call and thinking it was a solicitor she took that moment to use a line she heard from her friend: " Barb's Brothel. Lollipop speaking. How may I help you?" That's the toned down version of it anyway. Gotta keep it myLot friendly ya know. Well, the caller turned out to be from a college. A Christian college at that. My daughter was so embarrassed she hung up on them. She tried to call them back to apologize and explain, but couldn't get hold of anybody human. Guess they won't be calling back here anytime. Luckily they were not her first choice and hopefully she doesn't make that mistake again.
@sunrisefan (17928)
We also get these pesky calls from the credit company always insisting on us getting card insurance though we have already told them we're not interested because we always exercise caution in using our card.
Never heard of card insurance, but I don't mess with credit cards. Seems like it may be a scam.
@sunrisefan (17928)
@cupkitties It's insurance on your card which ensures refund of purchases made against your stolen card.
@sunrisefan Thank you for the info.
Omg. What a terrible mistake to make.
For real. I just hope it doesn't ruin her chances with any other colleges.
@cupkitties I hope not either..gosh wot an unfortunate incident Will pray on it friend.
@TiarasOceanView thank you :)
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
Solicitors here are legal types like lawyers..anyway, did you want her to go to a religious type college? Maybe she's had a lucky escape...I think she has personally. I think it was very funny and possibly she'd be too much for one of those religious places??
lol She wants to be a children's minister. I'll support her though, if that's the sort of college she wishes to attend. I did raise her with the freedom to make her own choices when it comes to matters such as religion.
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
@cupkitties well if she wants to be a children's minister (whatever that is) maybe it was a mistake for her to answer the phone that way But if it isn't her first choice place that's ok I suppose? I've no religion, in terms of man made things, and here we aren't a very religious country but if someone wants a job in that area I suppose they'd have to have education in that area. Hopefully her first choice places will contact her via letter or email
@OneOfMany (12423)
I basically cut off my university. They kept asking for money and finally I told them that their degree was bought for and they didn't help me from there, so I really didn't owe them anything. Plus I took their online course, so I never enjoyed their programs that they want me to help other students enjoy. They got the hint and took my name off their calling list. My mother thought that was a little harsh, but I told her that getting calls to give away money I don't have is worse.
Wow that's just crazy. They take more than enough money from students to begin with. Never thought they'd take their greed so far.
@OneOfMany (12423)
@cupkitties You wouldn't think that they'd target students that weren't even on their campus. Yet as soon as I 'graduated' I was put on their call list. Colleges and universities are a business already, they don't need to ask for donations as well.
Must not have been meant to be for her. I hope she gets a good selection.
You could be right there. She said she doesn't want to go to that college anyway, so that may have saved her some time having to reject them.
Oh boy. That really backfired.
@Ruby3881 (2012)
Oh dear! My hubby and kids sometimes enjoy saying strange things when they answer the phone, and I've often worried something like that would happen!
Well, at least it wasn't from one of her first choices. They will probably call back again if they think they may have dialed the wrong number.
@carebear29 (28586)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Thats funny
@Teep11 (7068)
Oops. Oh my goodness. Mistakes happen and we never know when thjngs like that will occur.