Are you guilty of using instant?

Dallas, Texas
Been there, done that! Yea, there are many instances of using instants. For one there was that time when Americans were caught up in the instant coffee period. Ads were everywhere claiming instant coffee was easy and as good as percolated. Of course this was not true exactly. Then later on the freeze-dry method made coffee taste more like fresh brewed, of course, until they tried it in a drip coffee maker. The truth be told, nobody was fooled. There are many among us today who still resort to instant. There seems to be a divide in our country between those who brew their own and those who use those coffee singles in a microwaved cup of water. Oh I get it. I think the term is LAZY. Check out this URL:
An Instant Coffee-Chicory mixture made from blends of Coffee and Chicory. Coffee 70% and Chicory 30%. The secret of great taste lies in the blend. NESCAFE SUNRISE PREMIUM is a blend containing plantation beans to give you an incomparable experience.
You know I am laughing because,I still have that nasty instant in my cupboard. I use the coffee maker.
• Manchester, England
saves time tho you must admit
@ladylaura89 yes but,it's flavor is very weak. No good for me at all.
• Manchester, England
@sharon6345 some are ok tho might have to add a bit more sugar
@dazzledlady (1619)
Maybe for other people the term is not being Lazy but so busy that they cant afford to wait for it. Others is just about a preferred taste. But I know for sure that a true coffee lover would always prefer their coffees to be brewed.
• Dallas, Texas
I used to just go to work and drink theirs. That was even faster than making instant. lol. But then when time came to contribute I was in the employee break room drinking coffee with a donut stuck in my mouth. They knew It would be my turn next to pay for the next bag of beans.
@lookatdesktop hahaha!!! lucky you if you can do that to them . I think some people would go berserk if you drink their coffee.
@Elizaby (4685)
• Pensacola, Florida
I don't do instant anything including making hot choclate in winter or making pudding. Allergic to instant potatoes also
@norcal (4148)
• Franklinton, North Carolina
I use brewed coffee. Between me and my husband, we will drink the whole pot. It's probably just as easy to make a pot as to make all those individual cups of instant.
I am guilty , because i have my full time job . So when it's just me and my hubby at home , sometimes i am already tired to we just would open a canned good , like spam and have it for dinner .
• Dallas, Texas
Spam is good. I like it fried with mustard in a sandwich or breaded on the plate with some veggies. It's okay to eat Spam. But it is kind of salty.
@lookatdesktop Indeed it is a bit of salty , but it's delicious . It has different flavors too . So, it's good with mustard ? I will try that .
• Dallas, Texas
@SIMPLYD Well, I have strange tastes. Many things I eat don't appeal to others like shrooms on my pizza or dark lagers.
No because I cant. Somehow instant anything (excpet for Lipton chicken noodle soup) does not agree with me.
• Dallas, Texas
They make a good powdered onion soup that can be mixed in with either cream cheese as a dip for chips or mixing in with sour cream for the same purpose. I think Lipton makes the instant soup mix and it comes with 2 individual packs. It takes less than half a pack to make a dip and a little goes a long way.
@lookatdesktop Oh yes I remember that one..a great dip it makes Anthony.
I seldom drink coffee, but occasionally I will do instant for flavoring in a milkshake or coffee drink.
• Dallas, Texas
That works. I like it when I can find some Carnation brand powdered malted to sprinkle on the ice cream or mix in my chocolate shake. It gives the milk shake or ice cream an added bit of flavor. Reminds me of the old days when a milk shake was otherwise called a malted milk shake. Yum.
@lookatdesktop My dad drank instant coffee then we got him a coffee machine, and he used it for awhile but thought it took too long to make a cup of coffee. So he went back to instant. He was so instant he had a machine that the water boiled in under a minute! I personally never liked coffee we don';t even know where the machine is and keep no coffee in the house! But I do like the smell of it in grocery store aisles but never buy any. I don't like hot drinks at all. I have a big glass of ice water wen i feel stress and never fails to make me feel better!
• Dallas, Texas
Nothing in the world better than ice cold water to quench the thirst.
@ladylaura89 (1419)
• Manchester, England
i must admit i do love an instant saves time
• Dallas, Texas
That is best when in a hurry. Sunrise instant coffee with chickory is my favorite but is hard to find in Dallas stores. I used to get that kind in Indiana. Try this URL:
@hereandthere (35710)
in some parts of the world, like ours, instant coffee is the norm, same with powdered milk. that's why there's a thermos of hot water in the kitchen.
@LeaPea2417 (24253)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I like instant coffee because I can make it as strong as I like. Sometimes when I use a coffee maker, the coffee ends up being too strong.
I grind my coffee beans every morning and I brew my coffee, I cannot stand the taste of instant coffee (not even the smell).
When in a hurry my oldest son makes instant coffee and tea. Other wise he does not like it.
• Lenox, Georgia
I do use the instant coffee-but not because it is faster. Just because I don't want to waste a whole pot of coffee when I only want a cup or two. I don't have the money for a keurig so instant is the way to go without being wasteful. But I do enjoy the fresh coffee taste much better.
@puddleglum (1411)
I'm not a fan of instant coffee. Once I got a sample Starbucks instant coffee packet in my cereal box (whatever happened to fun prizes). The coffee it made was tolerable, but not good enough to make me buy a full package.