Brain fog...a whether condition?

By JJ
Some mornings it takes a bit longer than normal to get my brain firing on all 8 cylinders. These are the days when I am likely to forget to put the sweetener in my coughee cup, or forget to put the coughee in the coughee pot...or pour the coughee and water in, walk off, come back 5 minutes later and realize I forgot to turn the danged thing on. The clutch just doesn't engage properly, and my mind starts slipping. I catch myself having to read discussions twice, because the first time all I read was "Hjduutr, huipfw klsioir btfosd jdhrr?" Yeah, it's kind of that day today. And I got 7 hours of sleep, so that doesn't factor in. Maybe I'm just getting old and my brain is wearing out from all the use over the years. Or maybe it's just Humpday. I don't know...but I finally got my coughee. G'mornin' myLot...
My eight year old daughter announced to me "Mommy, did you know that today is Hump Day"? I asked her what that meant, and she said it is the day in the middle of the week. Still, those words coming out of such a young mouth just didn't sound right.
Did you know if you add ing to it, that myLot says 'no-no'
@JolietJake I do now, but somehow that does not surprise me nor does the fact that you tried it.
@purplealabaster I tried to use it in a sentence where I was hump/ing along trying to get caught up with stuff...
@josie_ (4470)
Your in good company. Newton once thought he was boiling an egg. A servant found that he had put his watch on the saucepan of boiling water while still holding the egg in his hand.
@vandana7 (57182)
And he went to the shoe shop and said he forgot to bring the shoe measurement which he had given to his servant.
I blame the Humpday, I had my morning coffee, I even had my afternoon coffee, but my brain is still asleep.
I am having that same trouble the past couple days. I cant say its lack of sleep. I put the coffee on without grounds in it yesterday and was shocked to see only murky hot water in my pot after ten minutes. Gah! Maybe its not an age thing. Maybe just a human thing. Ha. Hope those neurons start firing !
Or whatever it is that makes our brains work properly lol.
@maezee A few months ago, I opened the sweetener packs, poured them in my cup, and then threw the empty packs in my cup instead of the trash can
@JolietJake lmao! I love that moment when you realize what youve done. Like,seriously?!
@Platespinner (18055)
That sounds a bit like how I stumble around most mornings. I'm not a morning person until AFTER I have successfully brewed and consumed that first cuppa joe!
It's probably a good thing I get up 4-5 hours before work, because sometimes it takes me that long to get it all in gear
@JolietJake Fortunately it doesn't take me quite THAT long to get moving!
@Morleyhunt (15926)
I'm one of those disgusting people who wake up, get up and are ready to go. In the interest of harmony at home I will sit and enjoy a quiet cup of coffee with my husband. All I really want to do is get going on what needs to be done.
I had this feeling there was some dark, evil trait hidden inside you somewhere
@Morleyhunt (15926)
@JolietJake see, nobody is perfect, but I try....snort, guffaw.
@Lucky15 (33719)
Hahaha. Real foggy since you hadn't turned it on. And what had you really read?
Something about Jake brakes.
@yalul070 (1764)
• Manila, Philippines
Happens to me when I'm reading something I really don't want to read like college textbooks.
@mammots (3296)
Good morning How about some nice music to go with your coughee to shake off some of the fog
Lyric video for “Paint It, Black” by The Rolling Stones. Directed by: Hector Santizo Composers: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards Producers: Julian Klein, Robin Kl...
• Lakewood, Colorado
Afternoon, nearly eve JJ. Yes I have this condition often now. I pay it no mind and carry on. Good luck to you.
@vandana7 (57182)
I have lots of memory problems bro. :(
@MsTickle (24948)
I'm OK with my morning brain activity but then I reckon I'm only a six cylinder model, or maybe a four.
@nanette64 (13015)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yup, I'm with ya @JolietJake . At my age though, I call them brain farts.
@fishtiger58 (30284)
• Momence, Illinois
Your brain has 8 cylinders, man I think I got cheated lol.
• Eugene, Oregon
I am about to start my second cup and am beginning to feel fairly lucid.
yep have days like that, usually wasted days, should just go back to bed and try to start over lol
Maybe you have some sleep disorders which would explain it.
@ridingbet (36118)
oh! coffee makes you think that way? sorry!
Oooops age is catching up on you. It's just one of those days when we wake up tired and lazy, and our brains don't cooperate at all. Have a wonderful day to you.
I don't think too many people would have brains wearing out although it would be a great excuse for all sorts of failings.