Wood Floors

We put wood floors in the newest parts of our house not to long ago. Man are they tough! I use to vacuum every day since we living in the desert so I just figured I would mop every day on the wood floors. I feel like mopping once a day isn't even enough! I just got done mopping. My dog came in from outside you can see his tracks from the door all the way out then a little spot where he laid on the ground in front of the couch. I literally just got done mopping an hour ago and it doesn't even look like it! I know it is tough keeping the dirt away in the desert but I really feel like I am fighting a losing battle.
if you were to clean up the way people should who have dogs you would always feel that way. Those that have dogs laying across furniture and bedding make me wonder. I hope you figure it out soon. Maybe a swiffer broom for now or limit his in and outs.
My dogs aren't allowed on the furniture so at least I know those aren't dirty from him. My dogs spend most of there time outside during the day unless it is too hot. They like to roll in the dirt then make there way inside.
@farbuoloxusy Awesome that s should make keeping the work load a bit easy for you. a swiffer would work for you.
@sharon6345 I do have a swifter but it drives me crazy for some reason. I feel like where ever I clean with it, it leaves streaks but maybe I just need the dusting one.
• Japan
Maybe you could get a roomba for the dust. Dog and cat muddy prints is a different story. (This is from a person who wishes she was better at keeping up with the dust.)
I have a swifter but I haven't heard of a roomba. Mine is mainly the dust prints from the dogs coming in then my son tracking them around.
@AnneEJ (4985)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I have wood floors but live on the second floor and don't have any dogs, cats, or kids to track in, so they are very easy to keep clean.
It would probably be easier without my dogs, child and husband even with the desert winds but man they can sure track in some dirt! I do love they way they look though.
@AnneEJ (4985)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@farbuoloxusy They are still a lot less work than carpet.
I do like our hardwood floors, but due to the wet spring, I have those muddy doggy footprints to mop up all the time. No matter the type of flooring, dogs will just make keeping them clean a never-ending job.
That is true! At least with my carpet though I always felt like it was clean. Then again we got rid of the carpet because of all the hidden germs and dirt it hides.