Drones Pros or Cons

@noni1959 (3084)
Are drones here to stay? What are the benefits to outweigh the worries? The pros are faster package deliveries, fire spotting, added security, air mapping, less risk of injuries for utility workers, and the list goes on. The cons are if the drones are in the wrong hands, explosives or poisons can be carried around. Not just anyone can use drones. Operators need a FFA license to approve flight space. Drones have been around for many years. The first used was August 22, 1849, when Austria attacked Venice, Italy using explosive-laden balloons. Technology has really advanced now and it can be good if used for the good.
@Dextoi (2429)
I just hope the drones will be continued to be used for good purposes. And that they'd be upgraded for them to reach farther. And maybe, an added security for them would be great...
@noni1959 (3084)
Me too. I was looking up this and saw so many different types and sizes. Even having FAA license doesn't guarantee safety but the good they are used for out weighs the worries. The "toy" ones should be more regulated.
@vandana7 (63594)
I think the worry does not make sense. I mean drones have limited capacity batteries right? How far can they be sent? Not very. Therefore, they can be banned within a radius of that many meters of sensitive locations. Larger drones that carry larger batteries are easier to identify and kill.
@noni1959 (3084)
That's a different way to look at it. The larger ones do need the FAA license. As they become more "normal" hopefully won't fall into the wrong hands.
Everything can be used for the good and for the bad, we have to accept new technology for what can bring of good.
@noni1959 (3084)
Technology is so advanced and won't stop here. I accept it for the good. I know by history, bad happens whether it's with a machine or not.
I did not know drones had been around that long. I thought they were a new thing, but i guess to the public they sort of are. I think they are okay but I guess now there are a lot of laws developing surrounding their use. I had one fly up to my balcony here the other day..I closed my blinds and peeped out. It was no big deal just a father and his young son playing with it.