Who IS that Woman?

Winston Salem, North Carolina
It seems I have a stalker. I walk down the street and happen to glance in a window and there she is, a middle aged, tired looking person who needs to stop following me around. Even in my own home I can’t seem to get away from her. It seems she takes great joy in startling me. Everytime I glance into a mirror she jumps in front of me.
@WorDazza (8245)
• Manchester, England
I have a similar problem with a middle aged man. Although to be fair he is quite a handsome chap!!
I wouldn't mind a handsome stalker...
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
That's strange, I think the same person lives in my apartment.
I don't see how she has time to stalk you as well. She seems to be here everytime I turn around.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@Platespinner Well, may she has a lot of twin sisters.
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
There I was thinking streaking was a fad of the 70s!
The only time this woman streaks is when I first get out of the shower...that's a sight I could well do without!
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
@Platespinner I've banned full length mirrors from around here
@JESSY3236 (4702)
Lol. I look young so it doesn't bother me much.
@Morleyhunt (15372)
Ah, time will take care of that.
That's because you ARE. Give it another 10-15 years .
@simone10 (22271)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Lol...I know what you mean. I seem to have my mother following me around and she has been gone for 20 years.
Sometimes my stalker looks like my mother...but more often she looks like my oldest sister...but it can't possibly be either.
@UncleJoe (7756)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
What a difference in perception. I have seen your stalker and I think she's pretty doggone cute!
You've only seen the pictures she's willing to share publicly. You haven' seen her first thing in the morning, or after she's been working out in the yard for a while.
@UncleJoe (7756)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Platespinner I'll take your word for it.
@UncleJoe I definitely don't plan to post any photos to prove my point .
Gotta love changes in life don't you, sooner or later you'll become such good friends you won't even notice her there! Or you'll be like me and just forget-lol
She's scariest when I haven't had enough sleep...
@Platespinner Just wait until she tries to "disguise" herself by highlighting her hair with grey! Don't be fooled.
@Morleyhunt (15372)
I've simply taken down all the mirrors. Then it doesn't matter any more.
I may just have to do that...of course then it would me my luck to walk out of the house with the back of my dress tucked into my panty-hose.
@Morleyhunt (15372)
@Platespinner I'll bet most of the mirrors are too high to reveal that nasty anyhow.
@miniam (9308)
• Bern, Switzerland
Lol, the pleasure of getting older.She looks so much like you only you are convinced you do not look so tired.I know the feeling
She doesn't look like me at all. I'm MUCH younger than that!
@salonga (27961)
Your better just smile at her and she will surely smile as well.
Usually she just scowls at me.
Do you immediately stand up straighter? I do. It makes the stalker pull herself into gear too!
I do. It must be because my stalker looks a bit like my mother, and she was always telling me to stand up straight.
@gudheart (12807)
I thought that was what you are going to say! Sometimes our own self can be our own worst enemy!!
I refuse to concede that I am that old. It's someone else jumping in front of me!
You better chase her out until you see a happy cheerful face (lol)
She usually scowls at me...makes me a little hesitant to smile at her.
@Platespinner You better ask her why she scowls at you
@allknowing That's an easy question to answer...she's a grumpy stalker .
@mom210 (5807)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Hey sounds like the lady at my house too. I had my hair up last night and one of the other mothers commented on how young I look with my hair up. That will be my hairstyle of choice now. Wonder how many years I can shave that way, now if it would work for being tired too.
I discovered last fall that a yellow jacket sting in just the right place can do wonders. I got stung right between the eyes and presto the dark circles under my eyes disappeared.
@mom210 (5807)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Platespinner not something I bet you want to do everyday though. One of my sons is very very allergic to stings swells up double his size. it is the only time the kid has meat on his bones
@mom210 It was not a pleasant experience. I'm just fortunate it wasn't worse. I was pulling firewood and disturbed a yellow jackets nest in the woodpile. When I went back to retrieve my work gloves there were at least a dozen yellow jackets still trying to sting through the leather.
'fter readin' through all the responses 'tis a bit o'erwhelmin' jest how many'f us're runnin' 'round with a stalker, aint it? the one here's purty rude's well. thanks fer the giggle! big hugs :D
I'm a firm believe at looking for the funny side of life. This aging business is going to result in a LOT of giggles!
@Platespinner kinda like how i tell folks i don't mind the insomnia coz the bags disguise my wrinkles? ;)
@crazyhorseladycx I got stung by a yellow jacket between the eyes last autumn...and decided that it could be considered poor-man's botox .
@rosekiss (30159)
• Eugene, Oregon
That is a good one. I thoughtt at first you were talking about a real stalker. I finally realized what you meant as I kept reading the discussion. I feel the wame way,, as I don't like looking at myself all that much either. I only have three mirrors, one in each bathroom, and my closet door whiich is glass. I guess I am stuck, as I can't take them down. Got to look at this ugly mug anyway.
I'm starting to think that taking the mirrors down would make my life more pleasant!
@rosekiss (30159)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Platespinner I basically don't look at them, unless absolutely necessary.
@dpk262006 (52840)
Wow! It took too long to realize that you are being stalked. I think it has been happening for ages but you tried to ignore it at your own peril. If you keep ignoring, you will have to face the music.
I used to see myself when I looked in the mirror. Not anymore, now some strange older woman keeps jumping in front of me.
@dpk262006 (52840)
@Platespinner -OMG! how come that strange woman appear in mirror instead of beautiful and younger you? (she should not appear, in my view) Please don't underestimate yourself, you are still young and beautiful and you will always remain, forget about the image in mirror, it is an illusion.
@jahunt (1418)
Lol! I have been feeling the same way lately. I just comfort myself by saying, "Surely, I'll look better tomorrow!"
I'm just about ready to remove the mirror in my bathroom. She's REALLY scary first thing in the morning.
@jahunt (1418)
@Platespinner lol! Yes, I must have my coffee first!
@1creekgirl (7408)
I know exactly how you feel! Whenever I tell someone my age, I think, "How in the world did I get to be so old?" Then I remind myself, "Grace of God."
My age and the fact that I still haven't decided what I want to be when i grow up tend to confuse me .
@Platespinner I think I'm finally growing up, but it took me over 60 years to do it!
Stop looking, or see a good plastic surgeon.
I think it's time to get rid of the mirrors .
@Platespinner You're too pretty to do that! Just keep smiling (as long as you have teeth) LOL