My Bedspread Find

@Raelove (17434)
Saco, Maine
Since moving here last fall, I've made up my bed with an old cotton bedspread that served the purpose, but that's about it. I also found a very inexpensive comforter that I liked at first. But as so many cheap products are, it's made of polyester, so it's too warm to sleep under. I decided to shop around for a cotton bedspread and learned that those are now hard to come by. I tried shopping online, but I can't afford the prices, which are $50 and up for full-size spreads. Then, I went to Walmart and found one there for $39, but something told me to hold off, as that was a bit high for me, too. I'm glad I did, as I lucked out the other day at a local salvage store called Marden's. There is no rhyme or reason to how their stores are set up, and no two are alike. The closest I can get to describing them is to Ocean State Job Lots, which also are stores that are more geared to browsing than actual shopping. Way out back of the store, I noticed two floor bins that contained a jumble of bedspread sets. They were mostly all Queen and King sizes, but I found one lurking in the bottom for a Full bed. And the price was right up my alley: just $15! It's a pretty pattern of soft blues and grays, and will match up well with my blue bedroom curtains. The set also includes two pillow, shams, so that will really improve the looks of my room. I'll remake the bed with the new set once I get my laundry done later this week. Not only will it be nice to slide in under a new a much cooler spread, it will be nice to see my newly "redecorated" bedroom, too. (Public Domain Image)
It's lovely to pick up something you want and need, in your price range and that looks really good too. Hope your new bedroom looks really great.
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
I will probably be "fixing it up" today once I get all the bed linens washed and dried.
@Raelove A small pleasure to look forward to!
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
@JudyEv Yes! I haven't had a decent bed ensemble in years. There is no headboard on my bed, so the shams will look nice positioned against the wall.
it is fun doing this.Something that I like to day.Good for you
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks, Fredo.
@Raelove your welcome there.How are things in Saco,there.It has been awhile for me being there. I remember the wonderful week and the weather.We were at small Saco?
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
@amadeo Things in Saco are great. I love this town. This is my fourth apartment here, and I'm glad I'm back. I do go over to Biddeford a lot, as I grew up there. I have the best of both towns here. I don't understand your last question...
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
It's always wise to shop around, Glad you got one in your price range. My husband is all about cotton, we can't have anything but cotton sheets and blankets.
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
Polyester is SO hot and uncomfortable, in clothes and in bed linens. When it's combined with cotton, it's not bad. But on its own, its awful. I won't miss that older spread!
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
@Raelove My husband feels the same way so cotton it is.
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
what a great find indeed! i miss those kinda stores, used to find some really great buys back'n the hills.
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
It sure was. My kinda price!
You were lucky, I hate to buy something and minutes later to see something less expensive that I would have liked. For the moment I do not plan to redecorate our bedroom, I like it as it is.
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
That happens to me all the time, so this time, I just remained patient. I doubt I could ever beat that price other than at a yard sale, and I'd rather buy something like that new.
@Platespinner (17047)
That WAS a lucky find! One of these days I plan to change the look of my bedroom...but for now the chocolate comforter with the turquoise embroidery is still working just fine (even though it is almost 5 years old).
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, it was! The poly comforter I had before was a cheap one, and I also didn't like the colors. They were too dark for that room, which doesn't get any sunlight at all. This will be great.
Good thing you waited and now you have a nice new set for $15!! I bet it will be nice when you get it on your bed
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
I'm glad I did wait now. I plan on getting it on by this weekend.
I love decorating cheap! Great find.
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
So do I. Thanks! I'm glad I didn't buy the first thing I found.
Glad that you found something that you like.
@Raelove (17434)
• Saco, Maine
It's hit or miss with bargain hunting. You have to be in the right place at the right time, which I rarely ever am. Patience is the thing that pays off.