Question

@marky7 (539)
Independence, Louisiana
If you were not what you are what would you be. I am thinking that if you are teacher, but with all the other occupations out there what would you have been if the career you chose did not work out. I wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher and I ended up working as a nurse for 15 years except for short stints as an Infant/Toddler teacher. Now I am starting a career as a writer of study guides using pretty much what I have learned from school and jobs. I hope this is understandable.
@marky7 Yes this is very understandable. I ended up a writer despite planning and wouldn't trade it for anything. But i did have plans to be a Literature professor at the University of Pennsylvania. I wanted that Ph.D. in Literature, but also, it was not meant to be! So now i am researching a nonfiction book series! Anbd writing on my lot! Plus there is one site i am busy writing for since i haven't written for them fir awhile, but they do not pay money! That is my practice, and my lot are where I am using as practice ut is trying my best. Good luck in the study guide business!
@marky7 (539)
• Independence, Louisiana
I received my Master's in Children's literature from Penn State. I still want to teach courses dealing in the area. Now that I have this study guide writing project and using my education and experience I am very happy to be a writer. You can still be a Literature professor if it is not too late and maybe you can teach at the associate level. What is your nonfiction book series about?
@marky7 (539)
• Independence, Louisiana
@marky7 Is your nonfiction book about Pittsburgh or one of the surrounding counties. I was raised in Ellwood City. City proper in Lawrence County, but I lived on the Beaver County side of town.
@marky7 I am not writing about Pittsburgh but know Ellwood City and I live in Beaver County but further away from where you were raised i live in Ambridge the town right befoe Allegheny County begins! IO see a lot ofBeaver County Library system books about the area so i fam doing on health and alternative health and different subjects
@cherriefic (4805)
I should have been a doctor if I didn't got tired of pursuing it.
@marky7 (539)
• Independence, Louisiana
A doctor of medicine or in others fields.
@marky7 I wanted to be a Psychiatrist.
@marky7 (539)
• Independence, Louisiana
@cherriefic I wanted to do this but believe it or not it is more fun and creative as a counselor. You can do more in the lines of different therapy modalities as in art, music, play along with talk.
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I often think if I had to do it over again, I should have studied Counseling in College. At the time that I attended College, I really didn't know what to pursue. I ended up majoring in Communication and didn't really do anything with it.
@marky7 (539)
• Independence, Louisiana
Counseling at the undergraduate (Human Services) and at the graduate level are both areas that studying is kind of fun and it is never too late. Go back now.
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@marky7 Thanks for the encouragement to pursue this.
@Rohvannyn (3117)
I think I should have trained as a nurse, or maybe a pharmacist, or a chemist, or possibly a ground school instructor. I am currently working at a mail order pharmacy and preparing to make a career move to pharmacy tech. Like you, I am using skills I learned at my job.
• Quezon City, Philippines
I always wanted to become an artist or commercial artist that is my big frustration, I'm doing some paintings and drawings but I would love to do that as a career .