Lola's Birthday Cake :)

Cake, Birthday, Food
@JMAndres (738)
Zamboanga City, Philippines
As I told in my previous post, today is my Lola's 74th birthday. :) We bought her a mocha cake. It took as around 3 cake shops to find a big rectangular cake. :) The cake was delicious and it became more delicious when I ate it together with my family. :) Birthdays are really a fun occasion to celebrate life. :) Do you like cakes? What flavor do you prefer? :)
Who is lola? Your grandmother maybe? This cake is so beautiful. It is making me hungry and I am trying to avoid junk food this month. I haven't had any in 7 days. I love cake but I don't like chocolate. Is the flower on this cake real? It is hard to tell if it is a faux flower or frosting.
@JMAndres (738)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
Yes she is my grandmother. :) In my country grandmother is translated to "Lola". It is indeed beautiful and delicious. I am also avoiding sugar for my health but I guess I am not as controlled as you. :) I am I amaze you were able to not eat junk food for 7 days. :) Chocolate cakes are the one common here in my place. I also like chocolate with blueberries. :) Yes the flower is real. It is made of sugar is guess. :)
@JMAndres I am craving junk food so bad. 8 days now and last night I was dreaming that I ate a whole bunch of junk food then was upset because I forgot I was trying not to eat it and had ruined my whole progress lol. I have a friend who named her daughter LOLA.
@JMAndres (738)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
@shaggin really? hahaha. I guess you really craving for it, imagine dreaming about it. :) I'll be so proud if I have that kind of self control :) I can't even last for 2 days without junk foods. @@ Lola as a name? hahaha. It sounds cute. :)
@carebear29 (24689)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I like rainbow and camo cakes but any cake is good. Happy birthday to Lola!
@JMAndres (738)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
rainbow cake sounds delicious and cute. hahaha. :) I never tried it because no bakeshop offer rainbow cake here in my place :) I just wonder does every color in rainbow cake taste different? hahaha. :)
Is your lola your grandmother? It looks like a lovely cake, I hope she enjoyed it.
@JMAndres (738)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
Yes, she is my grandmother :) In my country lola is the term for grandmother. :)
@quantum2020 (8269)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Happy birthday Lola! I like vanilla, chocolate and cheese cakes.
@jmadres i like white with a raspberry filling between two round cakes. Then marble with chocolate and yellow is my second favorite!
@JMAndres (738)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
wow it sounds delicious. :) I never tried cake with raspberry filling or just raspberry. I guess it taste good. :) I was really expecting cake with apples will be your favorite. hahaha :)
@JMAndres i never tasted an apple cake, but i bet it would be my favorite if i tried it! lol!
@JMAndres (738)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
@Marty1 hahaha. you can be the prince of apples. :)
@LoriAMoore (8628)
I'm not really a cake person, but I like celebrations like 74th birthdays. Too cool.
@JMAndres (738)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
Yeah. I was fun. :) but it was just a simple celebration. :) Maybe on her 75th birthday we will really make a real celebration with catering and all. :)
@rina110383 (21980)
Not a fan of cakes, but I like ice cream cakes.
@JMAndres (738)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
I also like ice creams. But I never tried ice cream cakes. :) I am sure it is delicious since it is ice cream and cake at the same time. :)
@quantum2020 (8269)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@JMAndres (738)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
Thank you. :) She really enjoyed her day. :) I also like cheese cakes but it is expensive here in my place. They are around 16 dollars for the whole cake. :)
@vhpsandi (360)
• Mumbai, India
Wish Lola a very very happy birth day and a hug from India. The cake looks delicious and wish she has many more of them in the years to come.
@JMAndres (738)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
Thank you. :) This year she had so many greeting from other countries. hahaha. Perk of being here in myLot. :) The cake is really delicious :) We really wish her good health to have many more birthdays :)