~Power Outage!~

Jacksonville, Florida
This is the first I have been able to get here for a few hours now because we had a power outage! I absolutely hate those. Thank God we don't have them often but it was awful while it lasted. The good part about it was I got some cleaning done around the house-good thing it was during the day when it happened! Not that cleaning is enjoyable like being here but the house does look a lot better. Lol. Now I am back to catch up! How was your morning? I hope better than mine!
@sugartoes (33797)
• Greencastle, Indiana
that sounds like my day yesterday we had outages all through the day glad you got some work in while you had the time to do it it really made me think if we were to get bombed &U ALL the power went out what we would do? like someone hit the MAIN power grid across the nation what would we do?
@sugartoes Ugh, it is so annoying! But at least it was during the morning hours so it wasn't too hot and I got a lot of work done at home. We would all be miserable I know that for sure! Lol
@sugartoes (33797)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LovingMyBabies it's funny what your mind thinks about when something like that happens huh & your right we would be
@sugartoes Yeah it is! I remember we had lights out where I lived as a kid. It wasn't for a long time but every single thing was out on the Island and it was the most horrible thing ever!
Glad you power is back on now! I always hated the outages in the hot summer months since our dog would be miserable without the air conditioning running. Glad you got some cleaning done while the power was out though.
@Corbin5 Yeah the dogs and all of us were miserable but at least it was in the morning hour so it wasn't too hot yet! Thanks, because of the outage I was productive. Lol
@thesids (22455)
• Bhubaneswar, India
A power outage has been something so very native to us, coming from India. many people have backups in their houses and some even use generators. I can understand how it feels during a power outage - and somehow, it is always that case where you have so much to do. Glad that you could manage doing other things - okay, cleaning is not something that I attempt during the power outage. So that is great of you My morning... or better the start of my day was quite usual - I would have loved it more if the baby was beside me when I woke up today. But as I was late (or she was earlier) her mom was about to bathe her when I woke up.
@thesids Yes it is always when you want to do something or get caught up on something-never fails! Lol. Well it was light outside so it wasn't bad. I could see, had the door open for fresh air to come in and got to work! I'm sorry your baby wasn't by you when you awoke. =( I hope you have a great day though! =)
@thesids I have never heard of not taking pictures before the baby is 6 months old. Can you explain that to me?
@thesids (22455)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@LovingMyBabies as I said it is a superstitious belief that my inlaws and as such my wife has. The baby normally takes the first diet (beyond milk, in terms of cereals or rice) when she is 6 months old. Now the superstition that they have is that we should not take any photos of babies before she has first diet. They believe if we do not follow it, some bad omen may happen and also the baby will not gain good health. Personally, neither me nor my side of the family believe in all this and my mom has some photos of me and my brother when we were a few days old. But as I respect them and my wife too, I did not think to question their beliefs.I can wait for the 6 months. The only thing I felt bad was that they (hospitals in India) do not allow husband into the labor room and I could not witness (and do) the things that I wanted to - like seeing her take the first breath, her first stare.
It's not so often we have power outages either, glad it was during the day! I just woke up so my morning is starting now!
@infatuatedbby Yeah thank God they don't happen a lot here. I got a little behind here but I am glad it was the morning hours at least. =)
@LovingMyBabies You still had a productive morning cleaning, heh! I read the news and up north from my area about 2000 homes were out of power also!
@infatuatedbby Yes i did and I am happy about that! =) Oh jeez, lot's of power outages today.
@Marcyaz (36125)
My morning was busy as I took both my dogs to the vet and they were so good with their shots. They love going places even to see the vets. They know they always get a treat there before leaving. lol Glad your power came back on, how long was it out for? At least you had some housework done by the time the power was restored.
@Marcyaz Oh poor babies had to have shots? I hate those! =( I'm glad they did well though. Dogs are so smart, and know when and where they get their treats. Lol. It was out for about an hour and a half, so not too bad thank God! Yeah it was good to get some cleaning done anyway!
@Marcyaz (36125)
@LovingMyBabies Yes but thank goodness it is not often. They know who gives them treats like our mailman when he comes to drop something off and we answer the door they are right out the door saying hello. He carries treats with him. lol Good that the power wasn't out any longer than that and you were able to get some cleaning done until it came back on.
Power outages at our place used to bring us all together. We had quite a few long ones (8 hours) over the course of a couple of weeks one summer. Our son was about 8 years old. Every time the power flickered and then went out he'd get a flashlight, go down behind our bar, and get his battleship out. And we'd take turns playing battleship with him. Now that he's a grown man, my husband and I will often laugh when we talk about those times. And our son remembers those days well, and that he loved playing battleship!
@Juliaacv Yeah, usually we play games together and such but I needed to get the house clean so I chose to do that today. That sounds like y'all had lots of fun when the power went out! =)
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
Did you guys have a storm to cut off the power? I always love outages because it forces me to do stuff I dont normally do
@CastleRock34 No we didn't have a storm or anything, maybe they were testing things? I don't know, the electric company didn't say why it was out. Yeah it was nice getting things done!
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
@LovingMyBabies for sure :-)
I Hate to have to go around the hose and reset all of the clocks. That is the only bad thing. Usually the power is back on in a few minutes.
@jstory07 Yeah I haven't done that yet, thanks for reminding me! I totally forgot. Lol.
@mom210 (5800)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We get those a lot where I live, a strong wind a poof, no power. Glad you got it back, good luck with catching up, that is a chore
@mom210 They are the worst! Thanks, I am glad too. Yeah I have a lot of catching up to do!
@CRK109 (14365)
I hate to say this, but sometimes I think we all need power outages to get away from our computers and get other things done. lol Good for you for getting the cleaning done and appreciating your own work. That may not have happened otherwise. :)
@CRK109 That is a very good point! It definitely made me get some house work done. Lol. I was putting that off for a little while now. =)
did you have a storm of sorts there causing t his.
@amadeo No we didn't have any storms, I'm not sure why it was out. Maybe the company was testing something or an accident happened. They didn't say, they just said they knew about it and it would be back on within an hour.
@cherriefic (4166)
• Baguio, Philippines
I hate power outage whenever it happens. Good thing you are able to come in now.
@cherriefic I hate it too! Yes I'm glad to be back! Thanks.
@carebear29 (25681)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Glad your back lol.
@carebear29 Thanks, me too!
hi Jennifer glad the power came back on ,y day is okay as im just downcast only because its grey and hazy.I know the sun wlll come out.
@Hatley Yes me too! I hate the power being off-it is the worst! I hope the sun comes out for you soon.
I hate them too! I can't do much but sit and read when the power is out. No housework can get done and no online earnings can get done. We had a power outage a few days ago as well. I think it was because it was so windy it was messing up all the power lines.
@shaggin Yeah, they are the worst. I got some housework done, even though I was sweating after since I couldn't put the AC on but I did it! =)
@Macarrosel (7641)
Power Outage in your place? Are you serious? I thought power outage only happens in our country, the Philippines. But good thing it rarely happens there. Unlike here that seems it is already part of our life for it happens everyday.
@Elizaby (3385)
• Pensacola, Florida
It is not funto have power out. At least it is not as often as it was when I was a child and and simple thunder storm could knock power out
I've been doing some cleaning too but now I hope to spend an hour or two on here.
Glad all is okay now. Before we moved here, about twenty years back now, we had a transformer go out late at night. It took them about six or seven hours to get a new transformer on site and put it up on the pole. We watched from our window.
@Lucky15 (33713)
Friday morning has just started here. Power outage is not really okay especially witj this temp that we are having here