A new pair of flip flops.

Centralia, Missouri
I love shoes. I would have hundreds if I could afford that. But I can’t. I do get a couple new pairs a year. Each year I get to pick out one new pair of flip flops, usually the last years are worn and become yard shoes, or trash. Puppy chewed on last years, so those went into the trash (Yeah I could still wear them, but most of the strap was long gone). I got a similar pair this year by Doctor Scholl’s. Yes, I paid too much for a type of shoe I could get for a dollar, but these have padding, arch support, and don’t hurt my feet too much. Plus I can’t wear cheap shoes, not for too long anyways. I got tennis shoes last year around this time, and sadly I will have to get a new pair this year. I already glued the side once, and it’s coming loose again. So I will prob have to get a pair in the next month. I need to pick up a new set of insoles for my plantar fasciitis, and take those with me though, the insoles will HAVE to fit right in the shoes. I feel bad for the money loss, but I do LOVE new shoes.
I am not really into shoes. I love my moccasins or tennis shoes.
I would be in moccasins or barefoot if I could be
@Asylum (47321)
• Manchester, England
I have never understood the female passion for shoes. I usually have a decent pair to wear and a spare pair in case they need replacing. Beyond that I would have no use for any more.
shoes for the outfit, shoes for the mood. then again, women have more shoe options that men
@Asylum (47321)
• Manchester, England
@Jessicalynnt I just choose shoes for the feet.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I have a pair of Rainbow flip-flops I got as a prize in a raffle. Prior to owning them I would never have thought to spend that much on flip-flops. Now, though, I am a believer that these are worth the price. It's been years and they are still in good shape and fit well. I wear them from the first warm days of spring until the floor gets to chilly in the fall.
yeah more comfie house slippers!
@Hate2Iron (7356)
Me... not so much, but my mother-in-law loved them. If she found a pair that she liked... she would buy a pair in every color. I think that my daughter is taking after her grandmother lol!
my sis is like that with flip flops, I love shoes in general, but am picky on fit
@Marcyaz (36111)
I have never been able to wear flip flops and I don't feel they are good for your feet as their is no arch in them. I buy good shoes as I don't want to have foot problems.
I do too, and mostly wear tennis shoes and such, but my family has feet issues as a hereditary problem. These flip flops arent cheap and have an arch and much more shape to them. They aren't the old flat rubber that used to be the only way they came
@Marcyaz (36111)
@Jessicalynnt The only kind I have ever seen were the old flat rubber ones. lol Good they now have an arch to them.
@Marcyaz yeah, those still get sold, but I really cannot wear that type
I will be wearing the same flip flops I've had the last few years. I don't put any on often so I can save them longer.
last years would have still been good, if not for Nibbler...well nibbling
@Jessicalynnt ....I'm glad I don't have dogs. I would have to anialate them if they got into the habit of chewing on shoes. I couldn't put up with that.
@celticeagle it taught me to pick up my shoes, lol
I need new tennis shoes. I have a bunch of dress shoes I got at Payless for $3 a pair during there last clearance event and I have a ton of old navy flip flops from last June's $1 flip flop day. I might skip there flip flop day this year since I have so many left over still from last years sale. I love new shoes to I just need to focus on getting some tennis shoes next.
i had to limit myself to my one pair (unless they break) a year, or I'd have too many, cause i love them so much! And yeah, my tennis shoes have a rip in the side, so soon, shall have to go shopping
@Jessicalynnt My tennis shoes have a whole in the side to, it is hardly noticeable but yesterday at my son's t-ball game I noticed the bottom thread pulling apart. I was sad and my husbands response was, "wow I didn't think you would ever wear out a pair of shoes." I hardly ever where shoes I am almost always in flip flops.
@farbuoloxusy hmmn, glue it? I did that and got another couple months outta mine, but I wear them daily to work. Can't wear flip flops here
New shoes make me happy too! Charity shops here receive overstock items from stores in the area. The items are brand new, and I have found the best new shoes in the shops for a few dollars. Sketchers are what I always look for and usually find.
I cant find new shoes at places like that, and I cant do used shoes because people's feet wear the shoes down oddly
@Jessicalynnt Well, the shops here sell shoes that are brand new due to stores donating overstock items. I go for the brand new.
@Corbin5 I would love that kind of deal!
@epiffanie (8339)
there was a time in my life that I got addicted to buying shoes .. I'm no longer buying them as I have now more than I could wear out...
if I had the money I might still be buying all kinds of shoes
@epiffanie (8339)
@Jessicalynnt I probably would too if I have more money that I don't need .... We, women love shoes ..
I like shoes too but only buy new ones when I really need them. I can't get over how they often feel fine in the shop but back home don't seem so comfortable.
yeah it's hard to tell until you have really worn them for awhile
@Jessicalynnt That's true.
@alberello75 (13203)
• Genova, Italy
I fact, I remember that time ago, you had just talked about your foot problem, but I do not recall exactly what it was.
plantar fascias, and yeah, still a problem sadly
@alberello75 (13203)
• Genova, Italy
@Jessicalynnt Ah, yes, now seems to start to remember
@sofssu (14735)
I always end up buying Doctor Scholl’s. They are so good to the feet.
that is the brand of these flip flops!
I am the opposite of you, I dislike shopping for shoes.
Now I hate clothing shopping because I hate trying on stuff
@Scindhia (1980)
• Chennai, India
I spend more on regular use shoes that fancy shoes. But yes, I spend quite a bit on shoes.
Well regular use shoes we spend more time in, so that makes sense
I haven't worn flip flops in years. Don't even own very many shoes. Usually only have 3 or 4 pair at a time.
@carebear29 (26172)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I am thinking of getting a new pair myself. Not sure yet.
I have a rip in the side I glued once, and it's coming undone again, so I think it's time to chunk the old yard work shoes, and make these the NEW yard work shoes, and get a new pair of tennies!
loved pretty shoes but alas a r uptured tendon on the tp insidee of mfoot led to a orthopedic brace on a orthopedic shoe and no more pretty shoes theey arr ugly ut they keep me able to walk so I wear a heavy brace a nd clodhopper shoes that have no style at all. ughl I call t hem sort of l ike boots bu ugly boots
I cant wear heels and other such cool shoes, but at least I can wear tennies
@Bunny28 (193)
• Lillington, North Carolina
I know how you feel I see shoes and even if its the same shoe in a different color sometimes I still want to have them just because but when I think about it there really wouldn't be any space for so many shoes.
I have limits with money right now on shoes, so I tend to just never go look at them or I find ones I want!