The Wind Is So Strong Here, It's Scary

@suziecat7 (3395)
Asheville, North Carolina
We've had major wind here in western North Carolina as a cold front moves in. The gusts have been unbelievable and almost frightening as the trees bend dangerously and I wait for that ominous cracking sound. We lost power for a few hours (over 2700 homes were affected) but it's back on now. There's been a few power surges though and I sit here wishing the lights stay on. I hope the weather is better where you are. And some music, of course -
Kansas' official music video for 'Dust In The Wind'. Click to listen to Kansas on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/KansasSpot?IQid=KanDITW As featured on The Esse...
@jrlcentral (1011)
• Roxas, Philippines
Well it's the opposite here. Ww have a scorching heat here.
@suziecat7 (3395)
• Asheville, North Carolina
I had to go see where you lived. The scorching heat isn't due here for a couple of more months though there's no doubt it will come. :) The weather has been crazy all over the world.
• Roxas, Philippines
@suziecat7 yeah. I noticed that almost every year, summer seems to get hotter and the typhoons get stronger. * sigh*
Oh dear my friend, I had not heard. Thanks for telling us..so sorry your power went out too. Wow that is some winds coming up ..gales nearly huh? Keep safe my friend suzie.
@suziecat7 (3395)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Thanks, OceanTiara. Pretty wild stuff but we'll be okay. All the pets are in and hiding.
@suziecat7 Aw..take care suziecat and pets and all everyone there in this wicked wind.
@antonbunot (9548)
• Calgary, Alberta
O, even here in Calgary . . we got strong wind yesterday! Hmmm, looking at your profile photo, you don't look 61 to me, my friend . . . more like in your late 40's!
We get pretty strong winds in SoCal, but not hurricane or tornado strength very often. It did hit around 80 mph a few months ago. Lots of people lost trees, but not much more damage was done.
It's been very gusty here for the last week on and off. It was hailing earlier today. Hope your power stays on.
@DWDavis (13010)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The winds here in eastern NC have blown pretty hard a few mornings this seek, and Saturday it is supposed to be quite gusty.
@LdeL0318 (6440)
Stay safe.
I love your graphic. I'm glad that we don't seem to get as strong a wind as you. I hope your power doesn't get cut again.
I would be worried too if the trees were bending so much. Hope you stay safe.
love that song! saddened to hear that the winds've struck yer neck'f the woods. i'd apologize fer such, but they've done the same here today, so can't be from here, lol. we're purty fortunate i reckon that the winds rarely cause damage to our power. lightnin' sure does a number from time to time 'n that's more'n 'nough. hope yer power continues to stay'n, hon! big hugs!