technology taking over childrens lifes

Blackburn, England
Remember when we were kids? We used to be out all day playing on the street with all your friends and playing the normal games you could like football scatter e.c.t nowadays all that kids do is play on there phones on there xbox, playstation or what ever other console they use and don't go out and socialize I think this is a big problem kids should be out having fun not just sat inside behind a phone or computer screen all day and night.... Thoughts on this subject?
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes I agree with it. It is not good to be on the tech all the time. Kids need valued interactions in real life and normal activities. Many kids have problems because of not playing outside.
• Blackburn, England
Yeah I've seen a few kids who are scared come out there house due to staying in all the time I would put it down to social anxiety due to staying in all the time.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@JonnyRich Thats crazy isnt it? We used to run wild..its so sad for kids today.
• Blackburn, England
@TiarasOceanView yeah I feel for them as well.
@JMAndres (735)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
I totally I agree with you. It is really sad that technology turn their generation into these. I rarely see kids playing outside and mingling with their friends. Hope they'll realize that this practice isn't beneficial for their health also.
• Blackburn, England
Yeah that's another poin this maybe the reason so many kids are obese these days
@JMAndres (735)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
@JonnyRich yaps and growing up children must be active because their metabolism are fast. Also so much gadget can destroy their eyes in a young age.
• Blackburn, England
@JMAndres yep definitely
It is certainly a huge problem now in this modern society.
• Blackburn, England
When they are not going out they are not really getting any social skills which will be a huge problem when they start applying for jobs later in life
@millie02 (5962)
It is sad because children today are missing out on a lot of the fun and adventure that we used to have. All that staring at screens cannot be good for them.
• Blackburn, England
Definitely we used to go out come back for dinner and rush it to go back out nowadays they don't even leave the house for days on end its very sad to see
@quantum2020 (8366)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I remember when I was a child, I used to play infinite number of games and some we invented, as well. It´s true, on these days, children depend on technology to have fun! there is nothing that can be done about it. It´s part of the technological evolution. The only thing we can do is hope that it is for better. We can not deny that some computer games are aoutstanding. In the present, children can do interesting things that some of us as childs would only do in our dreams, like paying simulating games that place them behind the wheel of the fastests cars or airplains.
They are more into playstations and video games. In fact in schools they have groups of students who have PS4 and act as they have higher class. These things are making kids less social and more irritable. The sportsmanship is getting vanished which comes in by getting engaged in feild games.
It most likely has caused a lot of kids to be a lot fatter then they used to be years ago on average. Kids are not as active anymore as they are not out playing sports and running around with friends but are instead like you said sitting around playing video games. That and watching movies is pretty much all my two children have done today. They are 8 and 11.
I feel old saying this but I had no computers or cell phones when I was growing up. I grew up the in1990's too! It seems like all of a sudden technology began to BOOM ridiculously. Like, all of a sudden in the last 15 years or whatever there has been a TON of technology - iPads, iPhones, computers, laptops, tablets, Kindles......We didn't have any of that. And I had a good old time with no technology. Ok, I guess I am lying a bit. I did have an old Atari and a Playstation 1 (the original!) that I played occasionally, but it was always second-string to playing outside with friends, building forts, and whatever else we did.
@artupe (83)
• Hyderabad, India
you are right but i think its better for them to live easily and learn more things in minimum age
I think that is why kids struggle with social skills and are overweight. I suppose parents just give up to avoid a fight if the kids are told to go out and play rather than play with their technological devices. It is sad that technology is often used as a babysitter for young kids.