Sick of Politics

@peavey (16822)
This year in the US, it seems worse than any other election year! I am already sick and tired of insults, anger and hostilities. What happened to America? I know that politics is a dirty business. I KNOW that politicians dig for every piece of dirt they can find to try to discredit their opponents. I know the actors in this ugly little play won't live up to even a quarter of what they "promise." It's just a game, after all. When it's all said and done, whoever has spent the most money or whoever has blackmailed the media the most or whoever is better looking, will win. Maybe I'm just grumpy, but those in politics really need to take courses in how to conduct themselves in public. They need to know that not every voter is out for blood. Some of us really want to know where they stand on the issues (not where their opponent stands!) and how they intend to do whatever miracles they promise once in office. I know it won't happen. Society is becoming more crude and rude all the time. Slam someone verbally and you get an applause. It's really sad.
@cindiowens (3840)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Wait! What? Is this an election year??? JK I am sick of it too. It is like kindergarten kids in a "cut-down" fight.
@peavey (16822)
I have said the same thing. The only difference is that these "adults" use more bad language and have a bigger audience.
I also don't like politics. I felt not at ease talking with people who have such interest. I am aware but I don't make discussion about it.
@peavey (16822)
I have thought that politics was a necessary evil, and even was quite enthralled by it all, locally, anyway. I think we need to know if we are going to vote, but I find myself not discussing it, either. (Except on here, I guess!)
@FourWalls (14207)
Manners have gone out the window. That's reflected in every part of our lives, from politicians (ah, we used to call our politicians "statesmen," that's no longer the case) to sports ("trash talking") to entertainment (think of how many people tune in to "tabloid" TV shows like Maury and Springer, or that chef who yells at everyone. Manners are a thing of the past.
@peavey (16822)
I couldn't have said it better! I don't know why, but people are far less civilized now than even 10 years ago. It seems like there are no holds barred anywhere. I dread to see what it's going to be like in another 10 years.
Well every single person that is as sick of politics as you are, did NOT vote--- maybe just maybe no candidate would have enough to reach the white house steps and then where would society be ? If you can answer that then we certainly do not need any more politicians . . . I am listening
@peavey (16822)
It's a tempting thought, but I don't think it works like that. If we don't vote, someone will. Those who would vote are the ones who would run the country. It doesn't make sense to just hand it over to them.
@peavey well okay since you put it that way, cannot argue that valid perspective but there has GOT to be a way to get the message across that with Peace exists individuality and with oppression exists poverty . . .
@peavey (16822)
@enlightenedpsych2 It seems like there should be a way to get and keep this country on the right track, I agree.
@PrarieStyle (2495)
Both Republicans and Democrats are corrupt now. That's why we're supposed to have a third party. They're all crooks and working toward joining us up with The New World Order the Bible warns us about. I don't even know if I want to bother voting this time. I might just write a name in I'll feel like I'm committing a sin by voting for any of the clowns that are running.
@peavey (16822)
I agree. I think the entire system is corrupt. It's sad when we feel as if we have to choose the lesser of all evils presented to us.
@peavey It's still like the days of "Bush or Gore".
Well if your grumpy then I am too. I have in my entire life never witnessed anything like the circus we have now.
@peavey (16822)
I haven't either. I am embarrassed to think of what those in other countries think of this mess.
@peavey Really peavey, we are not beloved around the world anyway..and now this show.
@Elizaby (3695)
• Pensacola, Florida
It is and there is seven more months to this current season
@peavey (16822)
Did you have to remind me??
@Elizaby (3695)
• Pensacola, Florida
@peavey What is getting bad is that there is really no break from end of one election campaign to the start of the next
@Marcyaz (35651)
It is sad and does not bode well for the children that see how these idiots act. It has gotten so bad that for the first time in my life I am not going to vote. I am so sick of all these politicans and their pettiness.
@peavey (16822)
I intend to vote, but sometimes I wonder why.
@Marcyaz (35651)
@peavey Exactly my thoughts so I have decided I am done voting.
I am getting sick of CNN constantly showing some political stuff, they seem to do a lot more than they used to. And the "Donald", they are showing him way too often.
@peavey (16822)
It seems like all the media is doing that. It's getting really tiresome already and we have several months to go .
@Lolaze (3164)
Its dirtier than ever this year. I feel like the election is going to be voting for the lesser of two evils.
@peavey (16822)
Exactly. If we just didn't have to live with it when it was over.
The sad thing of it all is that these people fighting for our votes are not necessairliy fighting for the people that elected them in the first place. Most politicians are too far removed from the lives of ordinary pay check to pay check people...... so let them bicker and make promises that will never come to fruition.
@peavey (16822)
So true. I also think at least some of them are on a power trip that has nothing to do with guiding this nation or being concerned about what the people want. They're considered "celebrities," and it's shameful.
@bunnybon7 (36881)
• Holiday, Florida
yes the whole world is a mess these days except for a very few of us
@carebear29 (28625)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I know how you feel. I can't wait til this crap is over
@Teep11 (7093)
Politics can get ugly. This time around it's like a circus. Loads of insults. It will calm down after awhile.