Into the Groovy #22 - "Life in the Gladhouse"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Modern English formed in the late 1970's, and are best known for their (vastly overplayed) hit "Melt with You." There was more to Modern English than "Melt with You," however. Their 1982 album, After the Snow, was fantastic, and contains what I think is that record's best tune, "Life in the Gladhouse." The drum and bass-heavy song was a minor hit, with time on charts in both Britain and here in the States, although it was released as part of a dual single with "Melt with You." That could very well be as a piggyback on the bigger hit, which means the chart appearance could be skewed. Skewed The lyric Lets all bounce in time particularly resonates with me. It's been years since I was last in a pogo pit. That brings back some great memories. or not, who cares? It's still the best song on the album.
12" 1982 Life in the gladhouse is never dull Humdrum days still flying out the window It's wrought (wild) with overgrown people Broken engagements and twiste...
@Ronrybs (7301)
• London, England
Not heard of this lot, but melt with You rings a faint bell
You've most likely heard "Melt with You." It was vastly overplayed, at least over here.
You shoot and score again! Modern English is another classic 80s new wave band. They weren't synthpop but they've got that certain sound that screams 80s. Better days.
Oh, they were a great band. After the Snow was a great album, one I listened to quite frequently.
More music I don't know, but enjoy they sound cool.
Great 80's band.
@oshi2388 (206)
English literature and their form are growing