Sorry for not being around!

@garymarsh6 (14770)
United Kingdom
I am sorry to my fellow mylotters for not being around for a while but life has got quite busy for me. I have also been completing some studies. Studying is never ending in ones endevour to keep up to date and at the forefront of medicine, new treatments etc etc. So for the past four weeks I have been studying like a busy bee. The last two weekends I have been up to London to meet friends for lunch and then to a concert in the evenings. Yesterday's lunch lasted for four and a half hours it was absolutely brilliant, unhurried and nice to catch up with these friends. I may not be around much next week too much either but I will try to get back into at least viewing some posts and trying to catch up. One of my lovely friends here @Valdana7 requested I put some music back on because she could not get the link I gave her before. So here goes. It is part of the Brandenburg concerto No. 4 in G major, I have this as my ring tone on my phone so at least I know when it is my phone going off because I have never heard anyone else using it. Unique or what? I hope you will enjoy it as much as I love it.
From the Teatro Municipale Romolo Valli, Reggio Emilia, 21 April 2007 Orchestra Mozart Claudio Abbado 0:00 I. Allegro 6:58 II. Andante 10:44 III. Presto Comp...
Life is busy we understand Gary. I hope all is well for you now and we will see you when we see you. Take care friend.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
Thank you I will try to pop in each evening for a while.
@garymarsh6 Right you are then friend. No worries.
@vandana7 (69049)
Thank you sweetie for telling me as my name is spelt slightly differently.
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
A good choice for a ringtone Gary. I use the same approach and use ringtones that will not be duplicated. My current one is an aria from the Tsar's Bride.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
We certainly are unique. Hope you are feeling better now. I shall catch up with you soon!
@vandana7 (69049)
May be you can upload it so that we from different world can hear it. :)
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
@garymarsh6 I assume that you used an original recording, which is what I always do.
London sounds nice to be at. Good luck with everything.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
Thanks Sharon. London was quite nice yesterday although quite chilly in the evening!
@garymarsh6 I hope it gets warmer soon for you.
@Teep11 (7295)
We will have other obligations. Welcome back and it must be nice to have some time to check in here. Enjoy your week.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
Thank you that was a nice warm hearted welcome I am pleased to have a few moments to pop back in.
Glad you are visiting. This is a very classy ringtone. Mine is boring. I tried using a musical one, but when it rang, I wondered where the music was coming from, so I went back to the installed boring tone.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
Thankfully no one else has the same ring tone or at least most people do not. It makes me laugh when a phone goes off when you are in a meeting and half a dozen people all look at their phones!
@garymarsh6 It is fun, but I would not be one of them. I keep my phone off 98% of the time.
What a marvellously relaxed lunch that would have been. All the Brandenburg Concertos are worth listening to, aren't they?
@vandana7 (69049)
Absolutely. :)
@garymarsh6 (14770)
They certainly are Judy!
Shame on you! No really-----How nice to have a holiday in London. Nice to have you back. The place is rather slow right now.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
OH lets see if we can set the place on fire! (Metaphorically speaking of course!)
@garymarsh6 ....Oh, lets! LOL
@Mike197602 (13955)
never heard of it but I'll give it a listen.
@Mike197602 (13955)
not bad currently my favourite classical piece is a part of one of my favourite films of all time. Master and Commander. PS...skip to 4.14 for the film cut of this piece....really really nice music.
LA MUSICA NOTTURNA DELLE STRADE DI MADRID. No. 6, Op.30 Composed by Luigi Boccherini. Arrangement by Iva Davies, Christopher Gordon and Richard Tognetti. Str...
@vandana7 (69049)
@Mike197602 ... I heard that one too.. beautiful.. :) I read comments too while I was listening. Some folks can be nasty even while listening to good music. lol
@pgntwo (22751)
• Alanya, Turkey
Needs must when the devil drives...
@garymarsh6 (14770)
It certainly does. Greetings from England!
@pgntwo (22751)
• Alanya, Turkey
@garymarsh6 And ditto from Ireland.
that's sure some cheerful music, aint't? makes me wanna get'p'n get busy, lol. not sure what'cher doin' all that studyin' fer? but i find myself spendin' quite a bit'f time delvin' into the medical world myself. huntin' down all the info i can to figure schtuff out that's gone awry within the family. drives the doc a tad nuts when i share my findin's with him 'n he's gotta go diggin' himself. he's none to happy i had him call a vet 'bout a crohn's treatment, lol.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
Sometimes a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. I hope you were not suggesting he tell his patients to eat horse hay!! My daughter is the worse for looking stuff up and getting in a pickle about certain things! IE Brain tumours, terminal illnesses when all she has is a headache or a cold!!!!
@garymarsh6 lol, no sir. 'twas a trial this vet't a university'n california was doin' with pups (aka: canines) usin' t-cell therapy to cure their crohn's. i'd already spoken with the vet 'n he told me was'n the early stages 'f trials. i wanted my gastro to keep'n touch with this fella 'n do what he could to make sure that big pharma didn't squash his studies. jest think if'n it made't to us humans (he'd great success - 95%)? i fer one'd be more'n happy to be a guinea pig fer such 'n know many other crohn's sufferers who'd jump't the chance's well.
On the suggestion of @Valdana7 , I came to check your link to this beautiful concerto. One of my husband's favorite composer.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
It certainly is a lovely piece as are the rest of his concerto's. I hope you enjoyed it.
@Lucky15 (33669)
nice choice of ringing tone :) we are all busy, we understand that gary :D
@garymarsh6 (14770)
Yes you are not wrong there. I guess we all get busy from time to time!
I guess I miss something here.I thought you were going to NYC.? Thank you for the video and the music.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
Haha Alfredo I have been and come back. We were only there for five days well four actually as one day I went to Washington DC.
Nice of you to drop by for a bit, but the studying must go on!
@garymarsh6 (14770)
Studying is never ending I'm afraid although I do enjoy it at times.
I wondered where you'd got to Gary, I'm glad that you are ok. Lovely piece of music - I'm listening to it now.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
It is beautiful Janet. I have some more studies to do but taking a break this next week!
@CRK109 (14381)
You've had some great reasons for not being here and I think that's great! There's a whole world out there and we shouldn't miss more than our share of it. :)
@garymarsh6 (14770)
OH yes you can sure get too absorbed in it all and miss out so much. It is finding the balance that is difficult.
@CRK109 (14381)
@garymarsh6 Balance is key and I think we all know when we're going too far in either direction. It's getting too comfortable and not wanting to change our ways that can be our doom! lol
You are still not around!!!!
@garymarsh6 (14770)
I know DianneN I am just a tad busy right now. Hope you are well?
The studying certainly let you keep on top of developments in your field.Like the music, the studing is a march;the lunch with friends is the light music .
@garymarsh6 (14770)
It certainly does my friend. OH yes I like your interpretation!
@dodoazo (22051)
Go ahead. Keep up with your busy time. Remember that there is always a time for everything. If you have things to do, we have also things to do for ourselves not only here, but for our own respective job and family.
@garymarsh6 (14770)
Absolutely. Life is short so best to cram as much in as you can eh!
@vandana7 (69049)
I love it...thank you so much ...nice that you are back, and sweet of you that you remembered. :) It is indeed an extremely beautiful piece. :) I want to call @TheHorse here and hear what he has to say on this one. :) Absolutely brilliant piece. :)
@garymarsh6 (14770)
OH bless you I am pleased you enjoyed it. I think you should have come to Europe to listen to some concerts!