Here We Go Again! What Is Freedom Of Speech?

Ok so on April 3, 2016 I wrote about a messed up deal where America gives Monetary Aid to Turkey while borrowing from them and Turkey spends money building huge Religious Centers here. Now comes yet another story... Turkey is demanding charges against a public person in Germany for words said against their Leader (effectively against Mohomed) and Germany is actually considering it! While I agree that we need to be civil and I may not agree with what the person said, it is not good to allow a Country to silence citizens of any country who speak their thoughts or opinions. To allow this may well constitute an acceptance of no national sovereignty unless it is a Islamic Nation! Here is the link. What do you think?
Germany said on Monday it was examining a formal request made by Turkey for it to prosecute a comedian who recited an obscene poem about Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan in a satirical show on national television. German prosecutors have already begun inve
@TheSojourner (17454)
I enjoy writing satire. I did so quite a bit over at the B site. I clearly labeled it as satire, humor, and people at the top wrote me and told me that I was giving people the wrong impression. We don't want people to think. We want people to be sheep. Even when people comment here at this site, I have seen certain people get so offended if you say anything in a very satirical way. They feel they're being disrespected and you being offensive. I think people need to grow thicker skin, or maybe some balls.
darn did the y n ot see the word satire? what the heck did they expect? thats a tempest in a teapot. I agree with you its no good o silence a c ountry
@LeaPea2417 (20461)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I have been reading about Turkey lately and how Erdogan is becoming very dictatorial and arresting journalists right and left who oppose him and he even arrests the little guy who insults him on social media. It saddens me this is happening in that country.
sometimes the world makes me roll my eyes
@Dena91 (4255)
I agree with you that we need to be civil with one another however we are allowed to think and speak for ourselves. It's dangerous when laws are made to make it's citizen's silent. How we need to pray for this wicked world we are living in. Have a blessed afternoon.
Yes,I heard this on the news this morning.This is getting to be too much.You cannot say anything.There is always someone out there complaining just about everything.I given up and tape my mouth
This is utter garbage if they give in to this dictatorship. One would hope that Germany gets a clue.
@Marcyaz (35669)
I do not think a person should be silenced because of a remark that a lot of people think but don't say. I know I do not want to live under a Islamic nation just look at how they treat their women. I know what I think about Muhhamad he was a murderer.