Beautiful France.

@Drosophila (16699)
Ireland
As promised, I've taken lots of pictures from my trip to France. I've been compiling them into a format that I can upload more than one to myLot I've done well and end up with 2 in pictures in one go! I've just added the frames and did no photoshop at all! Looking through the photos it's amazing why I haven't been to France more often. They just reminded me of all the fairy tales I've read as a child. Have you been to France? Do you like French food? Can you speak French? Where would you like to go next for your vacation?
@Mike197602 (13911)
I've been quite a few times. I used to be able to speak basic french but I've forgotten now...I find talking English slowly and loudly works everywhere
@Drosophila (16699)
HAHAHAH.. erm ya, I was there with a Frenchman.. so life is easier
And if they don't understand, do you speak more slowly and more loudly?
@Mike197602 (13911)
@JudyEv Yes, and I use foreign looking hand gestures
@Traceyjayne (1156)
I have never been to France. A former teacher of mine has a camper van and she often travels to France for a holidays and to go travelling around the country.
@Drosophila (16699)
France is great.. just not Paris.. xD
@Drosophila My husband was in France and loved it.
We bought a motor-home in Ireland last year (our son lives there) and toured around for five months. We had a month or so in France and loved every minute of it.
@Drosophila (16699)
Yep France is great! the food is awesome!
@Drosophila We would take forever just trying to choose which cold meats we'd have for lunch.
@Drosophila (16699)
@JudyEv oh ya I know what you mean! sooo much great food
I like France, french food and I can speak French reasonably well. But it is too far away and air tickets are out of the question for me.
@Drosophila (16699)
That is a shame, yep air tickets are becoming pricey indeed
@CRK109 (14413)
Those photos are gorgeous and they sure make me wish I could go! I've been to Italy but not yet to France. Hopefully one day I will be able to travel there. :) Thanks for the pictures!
@Drosophila (16699)
I hope you would be able to go to France too, it's a very beautiful country. :D I'll try to upload more pictures once I get a better handle on the photo editing tool :)
@CRK109 (14413)
@Drosophila I'm so glad you gave us something other than the Eiffel Tower, too. :) I'm sure it's amazing in person, but I've seen way too many pictures of that. It's nice seeing where real people live and something other than a big city. When I was in Italy, I went in search of a real neighborhood and found on in Florence, tucked away where most tourists don't see. And it was a breath of fresh air! :)
@Drosophila (16699)
@CRK109 Totally, actually the place on the left is kinda famous in a way. Picture on the left is a medieval village called loches. It was where Charles VII of France stayed when Joan De Arc came to convince him to take the throne. There is also this beautiful cathedral built in the 1500.. most picturesque place. Florence is beautiful! actually Italy is just amazing too :D
I have never been to France. I'd love to once I overcome my fear of airplanes. My sister has been a few times and the pictures, and food she brings back is so delicious and views, etc is beautiful.
@Drosophila (16699)
Hopefully! I used to have an issue with flying too. Now I do it so regularly it's like getting on a train. Exposure and frequency definitely helps
@Drosophila Hehe that is so awesome - I will hope to try to overcome my issue with flying soon.
@Drosophila (16699)
@infatuatedbby first few times I had to take some sleeping pills.. then very quickly I just take off and sleep. Wake up when you land. no issue at all
Love your photos and don't know how I missed them! I have been to France four times, love French food, can speak a little French, and plan on visiting other places before returning.
@Drosophila (16699)
Oh wow where did you go in France? it's a great country alright
@Drosophila Paris, and once through Burgundy. It is awesome, but I loved Ireland so much, too!!!!!
@Drosophila (16699)
@DianneN oh really? where did you visit in Ireland?
I've never been to France. I might like to one day, but I don't know if I'll ever see that come to fruition.
@Drosophila (16699)
It is a beautiful country, hopefully you'll be able to go and visit.
@Drosophila I would like to one day.
@Drosophila (16699)
@just4him Hopefully soon :D
@zarlamain (24885)
I've never been to France, but I would love to go for fun. I have an uncle who owns hotels in France and Switzerland and I could stay there for vacation.
@Drosophila (16699)
it is definitely worth the trip :D
@zarlamain (24885)
@Drosophila I really need to go there one day! Seems stunning!
@Drosophila (16699)
@zarlamain Indeed, it is! I promised to visit my friend again, as soon as i could afford another trip
Those are lovely Wendy. Glad you were able to get two in one go. Where are these now? Yes I had been to France once only as a daytrip on the hovercraft in my teens. It was to a little seaport town as I recall.
@Drosophila (16699)
These are taken from a place called Loire Valley, there are 72 châteaus near by so no shortage of photos. Hovercraft sounds exciting!
@Drosophila Oh so lovely Wendy..you may post more my friend.
@Drosophila (16699)
@TiarasOceanView Lol.. going to try to upload some "money shot next"... AKA great food!
Well done on getting the two pictures at once. Thay are lovely. I lived in France for a year about 40 years ago and it's a great country.
@Drosophila (16699)
Indeed! France is great! Do you speak French? If I do, I'd live there for sure!
@Drosophila (16699)
@jaboUK that's great! ya I've never mastered the language!
Sigh! You are so lucky. I have been to France a number of times. Not into their food and don't speak French. But I can get along there.
@Drosophila (16699)
I love the food too! I might learn French and move there xD
@Drosophila Paris is very expensive. But there's more to France than Paris.
@Drosophila (16699)
@JohnRoberts Indeed.. am not a fan of Paris..
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
So beautiful country, it was my long dream yo see France.I hope no more terrorism problems there this time in Paris, France.
@Drosophila (16699)
indeed! me too! its a great city
Though I do still remember a little French I had in school and living in NB, it's our French, which isn't completely the same, and I've never been to France, but those pictures are really beautiful, and yeh those were my thoughts too, like a fairy tale.
@Drosophila (16699)
That is still more French than I can speak. I do hope you get to visit France one day. The area I was at had so many châteaus, it was difficult to capture them all
• Walnut Creek, California
I've visited France once and really enjoyed it. I do speak a bit of French.
@Drosophila (16699)
Wow.. impressive, mine stops at hi, bye, and I dont speak French
It looks like a very lovely place to visit. Have never been there.
@Drosophila (16699)
It sure is! I'm going to try to put some more picture up.
@Daljinder (22172)
Awesome! Damn I wish I was there. But oh well! Next time I will just smuggle myself there by packing myself into your luggage.
@Drosophila (16699)
Definitely do! can you believe it, the flight is 20USD each way! This place is called Loire Valley, has 72 châteaus Picture on the left is a medieval village called loches. It was where Charles VII of France stayed when Joan De Arc came to convince him to take the throne
@gudheart (12741)
I have never been before, I have not travelled much to be honest. Pictures look great though.
@Drosophila (16699)
Thanks thanks! France is pretty and just on the door step
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
I have not been over to France for about 40 years now.
@Drosophila (16699)
Great place to be.. definitely better weather and so on
@Dena91 (4629)
We haven't been to France. Don't think I have ever eaten true French food, though I like croissants which I think are from there. I took one year of French in middle school and didn't do so well with it. My husband can speak it. We've never been worldly traveler's, though there are a few places we would love to see. There's so much of our country that we want to see, perhaps one day. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us. Happy you got the chance to visit France. Have a blessed afternoon
@Drosophila (16699)
Thanks thanks! Indeed Croissant is the usual French breakfast food. I had some while I was there, simply beautiful. Another one you may like is croissant stuffed with chocolate called pain au chocolat