Second Chances

When I arrived here I found some people from where I came that seemed to be rude and crude. I had blocked several immediately, but have decided that I'd give second chances as everyone can change. The only way for me to unblock them is to 'happen upon them' while reading the posts of other people. so here goes. Second chances available (in many cases it would be far more than second chances). While I enjoy reading and responding to posts and try not to be divisive, it sometimes does not happen as it should. Make no mistake though, If offensive and nasty is what you do with that new opportunity then blocked it will be for you. I'll make a document list so that safe I will be. This post is not to argue but only to ask.. What do you do when??? A person gets rude and nasty with you? An attitude is given to you? Your trolled or attacked for voicing your opinion?
I do not block the person who has behaved in the ways listed, but I no longer read their discussions.
You can use the search button to find users. I would think they would still show up there even if you have them blocked. I haven't really had anybody be objectionable enough for me to block them.
@jaboUK I can only remember that I Blocked certain people and can't remember who they were because I don't go looking for an argument. SO we will let it happen naturally over the course of time.
@Berniezeitler Oh right, if you can't remember their names it's impossible to search for them.
@jaboUK I tend to ignore people who are problematic. SOrt of out of sight out of mind.
@akalinus (15118)
I answer them back with kindness. If they persist, they will be gone.
@akalinus That's the plan. While it didn't change in the past I will open the door and see what happens.
I would actually like to be able to see who I've blocked, like a list somewhere.
@TheSojourner (17448)
I usually speak my opinion for the rudeness/nastiness, and point out that it is not necessary. I think that "attitude" is something that is what many of us think other have when we don't agree, so I try not to react too much to it. When attacked either mildly or harshly, it depends on how it is done. I do not back down to attacks, and usually, I am one who will not attack back, but certainly give responses in defense of my stand. Others will claim that I am the one with the attacking attitude, being rude and nasty, because I do not put up with it. It is the reason that a few select people have blocked me. I refuse to be bullied by people and will not be so because someone else feels it is the only way they can show superiority in a discussion, game of wit, or just life, in general. I have only blocked two people in the last four years at any sites. And it may not be the ones that most would expect. *laughs*
@josie_ (6993)
So far no nasty.
I've been lucky enough to avoid all these problems so far but I'd be blocking such people too. There are plenty of nice people here without having to worry about coping with any other sort.
@Lucky15 (33414)
though i found some not so nice comment, i try to weigh things, see his/her point...but if it is too much, maybe forget the discussion :(
It is very rare that this happens to me, but when they have been rude to me I would tell them and work things out-or at least try to. Everyone deserves a second chance. =)