Eight Things that Scare Me - Challenge

Green Bay, Wisconsin
This challenge was started by @Hatley and I thought I would join in. Eight things I'm scared of: 1. Heights. I have trouble getting on a step ladder, but I'm getting better about that. However, watching fellow classmates zooming through the air on ziplines, I almost passed out. 2. Snakes. I've never encountered one fortunately, and I don't want to. 3. Horror Movies - I can't handle anything that is going to scare me so much I can't sleep. That happened after watching Twilight Zone one night. I stared at the tree in the back yard the whole night. Every time I closed my eyes I saw the wax figure of the Boston Strangler above my head. 4. Some kind of terminal disease. Diabetes runs in the family and so far I've been fortunate. With all the different medications out there the doctors are trying to force on you for one reason or another, you never know what's going to cause cancer. I've heard some do and a doctor prescribed one to me whose side affects included cancer. I threw it in the garbage and told her I did. She was careful after that about what she prescribed to me. 5. I'm scared of losing my home. I've been in foreclosure for two years almost and the bank has been stalling and telling me they don't have certain documents. Then they sold the loan to a loan company and the loan company hasn't gotten everything from the bank yet. So I'm waiting and hoping the bank will find in my favor because I really don't want to move. 6. I'm afraid I'm going to end up in assisted living with Alzheimer's. Seeing Mom go through that was horrific. I want to keep my memories until Jesus calls me home. 7. I'm afraid of being burned. I was in a stove explosion as a freshman in high school and was in the hospital for three days with first and second degree burns. Fire really scares me. 8. My overall fear is that my children will go into eternity without accepting Jesus as Savior and Lord. That's my biggest fear. For all these fears I know that Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. And I can do all things through him who gives me strength. So I work on the no fear factor found in Jesus Christ and pray for my children to know the Lord. What are your 8? Thanks for reading.
@Rollo1 (16689)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I can find a reason to be afraid of most anything, especially when life gets tumultuous. I don't watch horror movies, I don't climb to heights and I try to avoid things that initiate the fear response.
Good idea. It's not good initiating the fear response.
@MGjhaud (20737)
everytime the nurses would come knockin my door to fetch me for another surgery, i would close my eyes and say "Lord, help me".. i was always afraid although i joked around all the time. But God always find a way to make me feel relaxed i hope that your children will have the same faith. youve got so much devotion in your heart. God is working on it for you.
Oh, you reminded me of one of my biggest fears - needles. I really hate needles. Every time they want to take my blood, and they tell me to make a fist, my fist is clenched so tight and so are my eyes, that they have to tell me several times to unclench my fist and breathe.
@MGjhaud (20737)
@just4him hahaha ive had so many so i guess its nothing to me anymore..
@MGjhaud No matter how many times they want to take my blood, needles will always cause anxiety in me.
@hereandthere (31160)
i don't watch scary movies or tv shows. i always hold on to the rails going up and down stairs. speed scares me, too. i hope i never see a snake, too. i would probably freeze. i've never been nor witnessed being burned or in a fire or explosion. i hope i don't lose my mind, senses or control of my limbs.
I always hold the rails too, even in the elevator I hold onto the bar. Speed doesn't bother me, I have a lead foot when driving and need to pay close attention to my speed.
I also fear height, snakes and closed and narrow spaces (claustrophobia).
I'm not claustrophobic. I assume you always take the stairs and never the elevator. Better for you in the long run.
@just4him Yes, I always take the stairs, I had to take the elevator to visit the Empire State Building and it has been a terrible nightmare, I wanted to go down using the stairs but it was not allowed.
@LadyDuck I imagine something like that you would not be allowed to take the stairs because of the many stairs involved.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
I shall give you one thing - I am afraid of frogs!
Frogs? Why? I got a huge stuffed frog many years ago, my kids were very little and I hadn't had my youngest yet. There were some people who commented I wouldn't like frogs if I had seen the horror movie regarding them. I never did see that movie.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
@just4him its a long story but apparently it dates back to my almost drowning in the river in a boat accident and frogs around me. psychologically - just a mess about frogs
@Inlemay I'm sorry you almost drowned. I can understand your fear of frogs if they surrounded you when you almost drowned.
@TheSojourner (17454)
we share two of them. I also am afraid of heights, but did not put that on my list.
It took a long time for me to get on a step ladder. Not until I bought this house 8 years ago.
@just4him I'm someone who didn't like that I as well. I have a hard time standing on a chair change a lightbulb.
I share most of yours.
I noticed that when I read your list.
Im scared of going homeless.
So am I. That's why I'm afraid of losing my home to foreclosure.
@JESSY3236 (6537)
I am afriad of bugs, dogs, needles, and heights.
I hate bugs but I'm not afraid of them, love dogs, am with you on needles and heights.
@Lucky15 (33384)
snakes, heights, bloody movies, that is what i think for now, haha
We have some things in common.