Tom Petty and, the Heartbreakers.

Banks, Oregon
Tom Petty and, the Heartbreakers another one of my very favorite of all time, the king of stoner rock n roll. Tom Petty was my go to music for awhile and, I still love his music. I guess just heard it so many bazillion times, it kind of plays in my brain with out even having to hear it. Tom Petty has been active in the music business since 1969 and, he decided he wanted to be a rock n roller, when he was only 10 and, he met Elvis Presley, some of my favorite Tom Petty songs are Mary Janes last dance, Roll another joint, Free Fallin, I won't back down, Refugee, It's good to be king, American girl and, Running down a dream. Tom is 65 and, still going strong, also a member of the rock n roll hall of fame.
@FourWalls (13279)
I saw them in 1982 at William and Mary in Virginia. The opening act was Nick Lowe & Paul Carrack. That was a double bill!!! I got to very briefly (as in, "Hello") meet Tom after the show. My favorite Petty song is "Louisiana Rain." Worthless trivia: Don Felder, the one-time lead guitarist for the Eagles, taught Tom how to play guitar.
That is a good one too and, wow I never knew that, he taught him well.
@VivaLaDani13 (18764)
• Perth, Australia
Every now and then I sing that "Cause I'm freeeeeeeeeeee, free fallin'." lol I just love that part.
lol me too love that song Tom Petty is one of the best.
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
Are you doing a MUSIC marathon?
Yeah, kind of. I found a lot of my old cds while cleaning.
@TRBROCKS420 ii remember him from my childhood! I wasn';t a big fan. But i do think one he Super Bowl he was the best singer they had in a long, long time when he sang some years ago! I don't believe they had a singer since then that i don't even know who they are!Never heard of them! I don't watch the Superbowl, But my family had it on, and i remember listening to them and thoroughly enjoying it! It took me back many years I didn't know he went back to before i was born! I didn't get home from the hospital until New Years day 1972 I was born late December 1971 I thought he didn't come around till my almost teens! I know free falling but admit i don't know the names of the songs so i may know the songs you mentioned but am clueless if i know the song! i just don't know the name of the songs! I am not really into music much. I don't listen to music on the radio despite having the radio on most of the day and all night while i sleep! I listen to talk shows instead! I admit i never listen to FM radio always AM!
Cool he's one of my favorites.
This is for you my friend.
Music video by Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers performing Mary Jane's Last Dance. (C) 1993 Geffen Records
Thank you my friend.
@CRK109 (14465)
When I turned 40, Tom Petty was coming to town and a dear friend bought tickets to take me to see him. What a GREAT show he put on! I was on my feet and dancing through the whole thing! He is definitely one of my favorites. :)
Awesome yeah he's one of the best of all time
I honestly had no idea that he's in the HOF.
Yeah, he was inducted in 2002 or 2006. I can't remember which for sure.
• Preston, England
one of my favourites of all - the video for Mary Jane's Last Dance with Kim Bassinger as a corpse is amazing - he was a great Travellng Willberry too
Yeah, the video with Kim is awesome and, yes great Traveling Willberry too.