After a week, the unwanted calls begin!

@CRK109 (14419)
Do you get a lot of unwanted phone calls? I used to get quite a few on my home phone and then, when I moved, I got a new number. So it was quiet. For a week. Now the unwanted phone calls have begun. I got the same one twice already. Someone is calling (robocall) about life insurance for seniors over 65. Well, I'm not over 65, but those calls are a nuisance. So, I went to the Do Not Call registry, made sure that my phone number was on their list (it has been since 2003) and I made a complaint about the number that called me. It was a local number. Hopefully, that will help put a stop to these calls from the beginning. I checked the list to see who is still allowed to call before making my complaint. No one needs to have their peace of mind interrupted by nonsense. And I'll keep fighting this as long as it takes. -Claudia-
@CRK109 we gave up our land line many years ago.We have cell phone and no telemarketer.But they did find us and also when any tele marker call you can block it.I have done a few.But it is nice not to hear from them any more
@CRK109 (14419)
Yes, I can easily block callers on my cell phone, and that's great. I've tried blocking numbers from my land line but so far, it doesn't work. I might have to call the company and see if there's a charge.
@Elizaby (3594)
• Pensacola, Florida
Having your number on the do not call registry doesn't always work as some companies come in and have their callers start at at xxx-0000 and call every number in that group of numbers
@CRK109 (14419)
Well, I never got on top of making claims against them before, but I will now. I'm so tired of ridiculous calls invading my space.
@carebear29 (28395)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I get them all the time. I either ignore them or hang up on them
@KristenH (23336)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I feel your pain. I do get a lot of hang-up and out-of-area/name available calls that you can't block. I'm also on Do Not call and Nomorobocall list, which helps some. I do look up the numbers to see if anyone else reported them as a scam or telemarketers. Only at my cell, I get the same number which is for a local phone company for cells.
@CRK109 (14419)
I downloaded an app on my cell phone that allows me to block unwanted calls there. That's a blessing. Too bad it doesn't work on my land line.
@KristenH (23336)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@CRK109 I do have a cell but no apps, since it's a plain cell. I've heard TWC had joined forces with Nomorobocalls awhile ago with their features for smart phones and such.
@scheng1 (24810)
Fortunately I do not have this problem for years. I hold the same number for over 10 years, and now nobody will call me to buy this or that, except for my bank.
@CRK109 (14419)
You are so lucky!
We keep getting the scam toll free calls. Almost every morning around 8:30 for the last few months now.
@CRK109 (14419)
wow that's awful. That would drive me crazy!
Gosh, it didn't take them long did it? They must be pretty smart to get hold of your new number so quickly.
@CRK109 (14419)
a pox on them! lol I could not believe how quickly it began. I just hope my claim puts a stop to them. :)
@Lucky15 (33427)
i don't like those. and the reason why i don't answer unregistered numbers
@CRK109 (14419)
These days, I only answer the phone when I am pretty sure I know who it is.