Easy easy lemon pudding

Japan
I have kind of resurrected a recipe that I found in a Winnie the Pooh cookbook (which I haven't been able to locate; it belonged to a friend and she took it back to England with her) because it was so simple and good. So I played around, and indeed, it works. Sweetened condensed milk: lemon juice in a ration of about 4:1. It kind of sets up when you first stir it in. If you like it to be more tart, add more lemon juice. It's better after you refrigerate it. Do you have any easy two-ingredient recipes?
This sounds SO nice. I suppose there are no calories in it?
@Judyev Inhaven[tmtried this but know i doesn't have calories because nothing that tastes yummy has calories cardinal calorie rule of cooking good things lol! just kidding! I really don't know much about the milk bu have tasted it i think in pre-pureed pumpkin in a can? Made into a pie I think that is the milk used i might be wrong i had not attempted a pumpkin pie but am when I get a crust or the material s to kale one because we have can pumpkin in the pantry thought there was going to be a pumpkin shortage by Thanksgiving, so we stocked up on pumpkin months before then the radio show i listened to turned out wrong pumpkin everywhere by the holiday! IU was so embarrassed!@ My sister made the pie for Thnakdgivnrg i wasn't learning to cook and bake then!
Judy the condensed milk is packed with calories, it also contains sugar.
@LadyDuck I was just joking. Wishful thinking! I buy the skim condensed milk which must have less fat I guess as it still has 60.9 grams of sugar per 100g. I remember loving eating this from the can as a child - not that I was ever allowed to have much.
@petaonisca I am sorry i am just learning to cook, so i don't have any recipes yet! But i will and will be cooking away soon! I wanted to know since i am just learning how it looks set and should i try to get it unset as I am assuming it is called Or do i let it stay set. .What is it called to get it not to set anymore is it unset or isn't here a specific cooking term for this How much is one4 ratio so that could multiply it by four to make the 4 part of the ratio? Doesn't sweetened condensed milk come in a can? Is there an sweeten type i should look carefully on the container if it is aa can or what it comes in so that i don't get the wrong one? These sounds were really good! I never knew WEnne the Pooh ever made a cookbook was it a story with recipes like a culinary mystery or is it just recipes? Hope you find one again if you haven't yet scoured second-hand book stores if you can't do it in new stores to go on eBay maybe somebody wants to part with theirs? Just a suggestion trying to be helpful in thanks for this great recipe just need a little help in cooking it!!
• Japan
Sweetened condensed milk comes in cans in America. In Japan we buy it in small tubes about the size of toothpaste tubes so we can just squeeze out a little. It is mostly used here to dip strawberries in.
@petatonicsca Thank you! I thought it was the canned milk we buy for pumpkin pies! Thank yu for confirming it! I wish it came in tubes here that Sound interesting! I never heard of dipping strawberries in it is that a Japanese e tradiotn I think we put strawberries in cream mostly I know i like to mix them in whipped topping like Cool Whip and make strawberry whipped cream but haven't done that in awhile as they know to make the Cool Whip in strawberry flavor! I don't know if they invented i or Mothers were doing he same so they wanted to get in ion it and please us! It even comes in chocolate now but never tried it!
@kevin1877uk (36985)
No, I don't, but it's always good to play around and seeing what working for you.
• Japan
I'm thinking I might add a tad bit of vanilla next try, and maybe put it on vanilla wafers as a kind of lemon tart.
@kevin1877uk (36985)
@petatonicsca Mmm yeah that would be very nice :)
@hereandthere (33424)
@petatonicsca do you just stir it with a fork or spoon then refrigerate? not in a mixer or blender?
• Japan
I just stir it thoroughly with a spoon. I tried it first with a bit more than a tablespoon of milk and just put a bit of lemon juice and then kept adding until I liked the taste. I just made it for myself for a little dessert.
Sounds good.
@CRK109 (14381)
I love lemon pudding so I need to try this! I've read a lot of recipes that call for cake mix and soda. Just those two ingredients. Mix and bake and you have a delicious cake of any flavor combination you want! :)
That recipe sounds easy enough.
It looks interesting, I wonder if it would work using orange juice instead, I like it more.