So many bands I have never seen

There are so many bands I would love to go and see, but ticket prices are outrageous anymore. I never go to see Motley, Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, Queen, Queensryche, and ZZ Top to name just a few. Of course some I don't care to see because of the lineup not being the classic lineup. I had a chance to see several of these when I was younger, but I didn't do it. Now, I have no money and not really a chance to go to the concerts. Uncle Ted is going to be really close by this year, but it is the day before our son's birthday, so we aren't going. I don't know if all the concerts I see on TV makes it easier or harder that I can't go. Of course, there are ones I would like to see again also. I would like to see Def Leppard anytime they come around. I would have loved to see Barry Manilow again as well. You didn't see that one coming did you? He was my first concert with the Copacabana tour and I would love to have gone again. I'm sure there will be more concerts, but we will have to see who and when.
@puddleglum (1415)
I also think Def Leppard would be fun to see. A few years ago, they were playing in my area, but I was busy.
I have seen them several times, but not the past tour and probably not this tour. They are my favorite. I was so glad I got to see them before Steve Clark passed away.
@Autismmom That's fortunate. I've only seen him in the music videos reruns. It was fascinating, even in those, to watch the partnership between Clark and Phil Collen.
@FourWalls (15304)
I have my "phases" where I more or less live in concert venues. I'm in one right now, sort of "making up for lost time" when I didn't go see hardly anything because of my mom being sick with emphysema. I enjoyed concerts back in the 80's when they were inexpensive compared to today. I always taunt Eagles fans that I saw the Eagles twice, Joe Walsh solo, Glenn Frey solo, and Don Henley solo for a combined $57. When the Eagles played here the last time one ticket was $213.75. No thanks, I'll cherish my memories. And, as you said, a lot of these acts have maybe one original member...if that! In 2014 I saw Neil Sedaka (there, how's that to trump your Barry Manilow!? Sedaka was my first non-country music concert, in 1976.) and "Blood, Sweat, & Tears" were opening. However, as they pointed out, there wasn't a single original member of Blood, Sweat & Tears in the band! I joke that I saw a Blood, Sweat & Tears tribute band called Blood, Sweat & Tears. Another issue is that a lot of those people have wrecked their health with the excesses of the rock & roll lifestyle (that's what Glenn Frey blamed his intestinal problems on, and those intestinal problems sadly took his life earlier this year), to the point where a lot of them cannot sing or play nearly as well as they used to. I heard Sir Paul not too long ago and he sounds awful. But hey, he is Sir Paul!! I hope you get back out there. I have less than 48 hours until my next concert (my 15th this year)!!
I would also love to see Barry Manilow, but all I can do is to see the concerts on TV.
@mawdest (1507)
• Orillia, Ontario
I just saw Whitesnake last summer.. They were pretty good! I have seen lots of bands over the years, but I think Whitesnake might be the only 80's band that I can think of