How early should kids know about sex and other things...

Now tv teaches children to question a lot of stuff. You can't watch a decent sow on prime time without something that a child will wonder about. School is another place where kids are learning about sex and other things. Do you wait till your kids knows a little about it before you have that talk? Do you find talking about those subjects taboo? I think parents need to sit down with kids and let them know what is going on in life. other kids,tv and teaches are not the ones to do it. Now,I feel sorry for parents because,they have a lot more explaining to do then when I was coming up.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
Omg, I am going through this same thing right now. My son is 12 years old and just had the talk. I think taht is way too early but he is about to turn 13 so I guess he will be a teen or "tween" and when I think about it I went through my stuff when I was 13 so..maybe. I just dont want my baby to be learning about this stuff
That is good that you had the talk with him..
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
@sharon6345 I didnt thank god, my ex husband did. So he did all the dirty work for me haha
Even when I was growing up, I'm nearly 30 and there's so much more to be said about sexuality, and what to teach kids on it. I think that the parents need to be the ones to take the reigns on it personally but at the same time it could teach kids to look down upon other who are different. For example, if the parents are homophobic, then if all the education they get on sexuality is from their parents, they will most likely become homophobic as well. I know it's still likely regardless, but with some outside influence, they can better make a decision that isn't clouded by judgement.
I can see that now being that I had another question under that. I agree as well. Thanks.