Argh IHate T hose Comments

Garden Grove, California
AS one of many people who through no fault of m y own became homeless and no I do not drink, am not looney tune nor do I do drugs. I was let go at my job as was myson at his, We used all our savings for rent and utltilites and still because my s on could not find a job we got evicted. Ten other people were middle class and were evicted as they too had lost their jobs or could n ot pa y their house payments. My son got me here in this retirement center and no its notr free its takes most of my social s ecuritycheck and SSI check. no I was not lazy I was 80 years old then am 89now so no I did not look for a job. I was accused of not looking for work by some ugly mylotter back in old mylot when I did a similair post.People are wrong that all homeless people want to be there or are druggees or mentally ill or alcoholics. A good n umber of people are midle class people who lost their jobs, could not find other job and were quickly evicted. They had no friends or relatives to help, Another false statement , no the homeless cannot just live in shelters.you can only stay in one for one week, seven short days. Please think before lumping all homeless as derelicts and stupid people. A lot of middle class people have become homeless. we found places that help and got off the streets but these places need to b e made clear to middle class homeless so that they can get off the streets too.
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
Generalising or trying to fit all people into a certain box is never a good idea. People arrive at a place after going through very different journeys.
thanks Mike its been shown that ahuge percent of middle class American are just one paycheck from becoming homeless so people should think about that befoe p;opping off about the homeless in their self righteous ways.
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
@Hatley I haven't actually seen anyone saying anything bad about homeless people.
@Mike197602 not here no but on the old mylot I was chastised for get this being lazy and not looking for work. I was 80, physically handicapped , left leg in a brace, and a useless right arm.I was no longe able to work and I told her so. She left ten responses which were all deleted by the mylot admins. she lipped off to the admins we had then and her account was closed.
@puddleglum (1418)
People have no idea what those circumstances are like unless they've been in them, so they have no right to judge. My mom and I have both worked with the homeless and displaced in a volunteer capacity, in the past. There were so many stories--none of them the same. There was no way to make generalizations or assumptions. I'm sorry that your misfortunes fueled such unkind remarks.
@akalinus (15828)
My sons volunteer at a church that feeds the homeless and down and out. There are people from all walks of life eating there. Some are scary but I have seen moms with kids there, too.
@akalinus yes there was one young mom with a little bab y her hubby threw her out, a woman lawyer whose house was forclosed, a nurse who lost her j ob and was evicted these people had no close f amlly and friends could no thelp them as they were living pay check to pay check too .
@akalinus Yes, the economic problems are so widespread now that it's impacting lots of different people. Some people just don't notice, I guess.
@akalinus (15828)
Things have gotten bad in America. The standard of living is dropping. Shelters can be dangerous places to be. I am sorry you had to experience this.
this was eigh years ago but I will never forget it.
@vandana7 (65098)
Hope and pray things improve everywhere. I was opposed to your outsourcing works because I'd felt it would lead complacency on the part of my fellow countrymen and they would take no concrete measures to correct the problems like population on hand. I was on dot. Pretty much an attempt to fill bucket with a hole..by the world.
@vandana7 (65098)
Dear god...how insensitive... Hugs Hatley..you know I love you...
hanks vandy yes You have always been my great warm hearted firdn love you too
@vandana7 (65098)
@Hatley ... May be you can direct me to the evil one so that I can show my devilish streak..
@vandana7 she was kicked off mylot just before they q uit paying us
THANK YOU for writing this!! I have been homeless and guess why? Your right-no addictions here! My husband lost his job and we were struggling and just could not catch up nor catch a break!! Everyone should understand we are ALL ONE paycheck away from being in the same spot again! Well, most of us anyway. There are plenty of homeless people just like you and I Hatley that would give their right arm to have a stable home again and to get back on their feet-if only they were given the chance.
thanks for your responce as people need to real lze that they are unfair to l ump all homeless together and help not blah blah about those who are u nstable. It is a crying shame a nation like others has so many homeless and so man are midle class people in shock.
@akalinus (15828)
I had no place to live for a year. I was lucky enough to get jobs housesitting. I had a place to stay.
@akalinus that was really brilliant of you a great idea as you had a place tolive
So sorry that you had to go through all this. Glad that you are in a good place now.
yes this was n ow 8 years back and wse are both f ine now
I am still believing your son will get a great job and able to support you both. I know there are some who can't help it, then there are ones like they have over the state line. This guy was offered a job, worked there for a few days, then quit, going back to begging for money. So like every person, I know unless I know the whole story, I should never judge the reason they do what they do.
@Hatley I see and I'm sorry.
@Carmelanirel2 yo know I hink my hjbby was a l itle o blame as he did not l ike t go cheap he also felt we should get the best even though the cheaper was really pretty good.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
I am so sorry you had to go through that @Hatley . The homeless population is now in the millions.
I know and to thin he US spends millions aiding other countried not their homeless.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Hatley That's the part that ticks me off the most. The USA first, THEN other countries.
@nanette64 yes our people first americans then help others.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I tell those things to a lot of ignorant people online, but people will believe what they want to believe.
yes don'tI know it and it does not do much good to repeat either
@vandana7 (65098)
That is when god gives them a rough experience... I know how tough it can get.
• Aberdeen, Scotland
Such a shame for you, sad reality for many people. Hope all is well with you now
yes al l is very well with me now as this happned 8 years back.
@hostessman (9456)
• Tucson, Arizona
we have a lot of homeless here in Tucson. It get worse every year. Hopefully something can be done..
I used to live in Tempe Arizona he US should be do ing something to help middle class people who are thrown out just because they were evicted. it shoild n be a crime to lose a job and be stuck with being homeless and scorned.
@antonbunot (9514)
• Calgary, Alberta
@Hatley One day I may end up also in a seniors' home. I just hope my Canada Pension will be enough to pay all the bills in a seniors' home.
Me too Julito hope by that time y ou will be super wealthy fro of yor writing as y ou are really talented.
@antonbunot I know ou have to try to get a publisher to see some of your work I really think its publishable.
people dont hire after a certain age, it's sad, but they just dont. you could have tried, but really, not sure there is a point!
yes they do not hire women intheir 80s that are on walkers. Im physically handcaped too lol
@Hatley as if you couldn't sit somewhere and man a desk or the phone!
You have been here for so many years and I doubt if anyone could say those harsh things. Was it here at myLot?
es whe frst cae here and was o lol mlot the wo,men wote ten comment allof whhich were deleted and her account was deleted shortly before we quit gettng pad.