The baby boy at the bottom of the pool

Fort Oglethorpe, GA Sunday an 18-month-old boy was found unresponsive in a swimming pool at an apartment complex. There is a 6 iron fence around the pool. The gate was locked. Someone spotted the baby in the pool and called for help. Noah Smith didn't did walk into the pool area, he didn't climb the fence - so letting imaginations run wild many believed, including myself, that someone killed that baby. It is no shock that Noah Smith's mother and her boyfriend were just arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder. No other details are available at the moment, but you know there is more to this story. RIP little one.
Elizabeth Rayna, 42, and Billy Ray Crawford, 41, were arrested sometime between Tuesday and Wednesday.
wow, if you wanted to 'fake' an accident, should have left the gate open....what horrible people. you can turn your children over to services if you cant care for.... this was so unnecc.
They cops had been called to the mom's home about 5 times - once just two weeks ago because the little boy was alone outside.
@AbbyGreenhill sometimes child services needs to step in sooner, wow
@Marcyaz (35670)
They killed an 18 month old child how horrible, that poor child. RIP They should be charged with 1st degree murder and sentenced to life in prison with no posibility of parole. What in the world is wrong with people killing their own baby.
2nd degree murder and they can only get 10 to 30 years.
@saurabhrmp (1708)
• Hyderabad, India
very sad to hear that. i think police need to take strict action and find out the murderer (as it looks like murder only)
The mom and her boyfriend are arrested for 2nd degree murder.
• Hyderabad, India
@AbbyGreenhill ; I am really happy if they are actual murderer. and also very surprised mother as murderer.
@LeaPea2417 (20463)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is so sad. It is people like those two who don't deserve to ever bear children. They should get their tubes tied.
I think punishment would probably make her happy not sad.
@Teep11 (7067)
So sad. They should receive the maximum punishment. Prayers toddlers family.
10 to 30 years each is what they could get.
@carebear29 (28586)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
That is sad. Prayers to the family.
It's not a good situation for any family.
Oh my gosh- how evil is that!
It takes all kinds and it seems there are too many of this kind.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, there's no way on God's green earth that that child was able to get into that area by himself @AbbyGreenhill .
Absolutely. When I saw the height of the fence and how close the bars are - my husband figures they threw the baby over.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
So sad,how can people be like this.There are some things we can never understand
The only people who can understand are those who have done the same thing.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
There seems to be no limits anymore. Then I stRt reading history, and wonder if this is new, or just much more known with the media blasting it? The horror I feel. As a child who came very close to drowning....it is not a pleasant experience. even as a three year old I knew that if no one rescued me I would die.
I think with instant media we know about things faster and hear more of them. Glad someone rescued you!
@Morleyhunt (19750)
That is so very sad.
Yes it is, it happens too often.
@Daljinder (21564)
I don't get how someone could kill a baby. I mean how cruel and coldhearted you must be to that? Evil pure evil!
Their mugs shots they sure look evil.
oh my gosh How can a mom do something like that to an innocent baby? evil thats pure evil.
How sick people are! That poor child would have been welcomed in any home, rather than that.
@jahunt (1391)
So sad. This seems to be happening more and more.