Somebody Up There DOES Love Me!

@Raelove (16810)
Saco, Maine
The paper delivery guy usually just tosses my newspaper up to my door, but today he actually came to the door, as he had some interesting information to share with me. When I opened it, he said, "Are you aware that your license plates on your car expired in February?" That came as a shock, but not a complete surprise. My life's been turned upside down these last few months, and I never once gave that registration a thought. For some reason, I kept thinking I had to do this in April. And I don't remember just when that changed to February, but it must have been the year I bought this car. I tried the Rapid Renewal service online, but it rejected me, as I no longer live in the town the car was registered in last year. So I drove down to City Hall, and now, $131 and some cents later, I'm legal again! The funniest part about this is that, all this time, no cop anywhere noticed my expired tags. So someone up there must really love me! (Public Domain Image)
How can one overlooked this.You are lucky there girl.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
It's not something I think about much, to be honest.
You are very lucky that the delivery guy alerted you to your expired plates. It would have been horrible if you had expensive tickets to pay
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, but here's the thing: if a cop had stopped me and I said that I wasn't aware of it, I would have been totally honest. It completely slipped my mind! I was so used to always reregistering in April that I never thought of.
@Raelove it's easy to see how you could forget
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
@Marilynda1225 I had surgery and moved in November. Then the holidays came and went, and then I had started having problems with a neighbor. So my mind hasn't exactly been on my license plates!
Glad that they didn't notice your tags were expired.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Says something about how observant cops are! And I've had a few right behind me, too! They probably saw my gray hair and thought, ah well, she's old!
Someone must be watching over you!
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Yup. Those daily prayers must be working!
@Morleyhunt (19856)
We had gone to Kentucky for the weekend, when one of our children pointed out that our plates had expired in September. It was late November. Oops.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Hey, it happens. This isn't the first time. My registration plates are not that uppermost in my thoughts most days. In this case, NO days!
@akalinus (17347)
Yep, he does. You are lucky you did not get stopped by the cops. It would have cost you a lot more. So, someone did favor you.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Yes He did! And He used my paper delivery guy as the messenger!
@mommaj (22779)
I don't know. $131 for an expired tag must be the cost of a ticket. It would be here, I think I pay $10 over the cost if it is late. LOL It is hard to remember all these little things that we have to do to live. It's a little ridiculous. At least they send reminders for some of them.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
No reminders for this, if you don't count a sharp-eyed newspaper guy! No late charges here. That's the total cost of the registration, the excise tax, and the fee to do it at city hall instead of having to drive all the way to the DMV. It's worth it! Here in Maine, they base the tax on the original list price of the car, NOT what it's worth now. Ripoff.
@mommaj (22779)
@Raelove Wow! So glad I live in Fl for so many reasons. Now one more. I am glad you were able to get it taken care of without getting a ticket then. I wonder how much the ticket would have been.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
@mommaj I don't wanna know!!!
@KuznVinny (774)
Yeah, right. Now if you had parked near the local doughnut shop...
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Fortunately, I don't eat donuts!
@Raelove As to doughnuts (donuts), I really enjoy potato donuts. Ever tried 'em? Spud Nuts. They are a new magnitude of delicious.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
@KuznVinny No, can't say as I have. There are only a few types of donuts that I do like. If I ever get a chance to, I'll try one.
I had this happen to me before. I think that unless you have a car that is one those that do like to steal we could probably go for many more months before a cop noticing we are driving on expired tags. Haha
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
I agree. And maybe the cop would take pity on me when he saw my gray hair and forgive me? I can dream!
@Raelove ....Oh, that's just dropping your heels and letting life slap ya around.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
@jpso138 (7842)
Hahaha, good for you. I had the same experience regarding my car registration sometime ago. I was driving my car for about a month until I realized that the registration has already expried. I did pay some penalties for the late renewl. Good thing, no one ever noticed as I would have been apprehended along the road.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Surprisingly, we don't have penalties for late renewal here. I guess they figure we pay enough already. Haha
• Aberdeen, Scotland
Well done, you were lucky
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, I was. A state cop followed me for several miles today, and I thought, "Wow, yesterday, he would have pulled me over!"
Oh my, you were lucky, last year I almost forgot to renew our license plate, I would not like to pay an expensive fine for something I forget.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Same here. Now it's done till next February!
Yes, you were lucky. The state of Illinois used to send reminders for license plate stickers that need to be renewed and for driver's licenses too, but Illinois is broke, so no more reminders. Husband drove 8 months with an expired driver's license. Someone up there likes you and my husband!
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Lucky for both of us then! We do get reminders for our drivers' licenses, but not for anything else. Wonder if I'll remember it next year...ya think?