I need parenting help again.

Parenting has always been hard for me. I want to make the right moves now. The management office is doing a back ground check on kay for the new unit. I want to talk to my daughter really good about having her first apartment. She knows how to budget and save. She can't save what she does not really have. However,we are going to make an account for her. She knows how to food shop very well. I just need to touch base on other stuff like housing keeping what ever else I might be missing. I need this move to go well for all of us. Thanks very much.
@Drosophila (16697)
Social activities can cost a fair bit too. Some tips on how to have fun without splurge helps. Like movie nights in as opposed to going to the cinema
Yes that would sure be one more to add to the talk. Thanks very much.
@Drosophila (16697)
@sharon6345 hope it goes well :)
I would do some mental thought on this. Are you going to set up healthy boundaries? By this I mean are you going to bail her out our let Adrian if she gets into a problem and can't pay something? Other than that I might add securtiy, visiting hours, and leaving old food out. This could cause mice to come running. And a good reason to be sure the kitchen is all tidied up before she goes to bed.
I am confused about bailing her out You mean would I let her go to eviction court if she lost her job. No I would not let her go to eviction court. As for her rent and other bills she will have her pay check to cover them.. adrain and I are not looking to support her just get her on her own. I hope I got it. Thanks
@sharon6345 ....That is what I meant. How far would you go?
@celticeagle Ok I am glad I got it. I will not be paying he bills or giving her food once she is set up but,if something went wrong I would try to help her with budgetting and saving before giving up my money. I told her yesterday that she has to stop asking me for my money.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
Praying everything goes well for you both
Thanks so much..
General security practices, how to entertain herself and her friends without spending a lot of money, and planning for the future: setting goals and working toward them.
Yes we had that tell and I hope for the best. thanks very much.
I think you have covered the important things. Just make sure she knows that she will have to keep the unit clean if a security deposit is to be returned in full when or if she decides to move. Also, I would caution about parties that are really loud since that could cause trouble for her. Not sure how my son with his apartments in college, but he was far away. I did go to clean it once a month, and I know that was not a wise move in making him responsible for the messes he made there. Now his wife has to clean up after him, so all is well.
That is something that we sure will have to discuss. Thanks very much.