Who wants to go shopping with their mother?

@db20747 (8484)
Washington, District Of Columbia
Whenever I go shopping with my grandmother, She nit picks until this day when I pick out what I like. I have to tussle with her the whole time. It was like this as teenager and until this day. But she always likes what I wear- things I bought when she is not around. I just avoid buying clothes when I'm at the store with her. If she wants to buy something for me I say yeah that's nice and leave it at that and let her buy it. Does anybody like going shopping with their mother or grandmother?
@cherriefic (4708)
• Baguio, Philippines
I like shopping with my mother. She had good taste.
@db20747 (8484)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
That's great. My grandmother has excellent taste, except for some reason she nit picks what I choose. I still like to get presents from her though and won't turn anything down.
I often took my grandmother shoppin and then my aunt when she got elderly. They were both very picky shoppers. I am just talking about helping with grocery shopping and other errands.
@db20747 (8484)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Good that you found this discussion. I posted this a year ago and I tell ya it's still the same. Grocery shopping can be torture. Everything from how to bag to how to put the bags in the car. But alas, gotta help out right? Patience patience PATIENCE Gosh Darn it.
@db20747 patience is right. I don't know how I came across this. I wasn't looking for old posts.?
I love going shopping with my Mom, except for the part, she takes a million hours lol.
That last time I went shopping with my mother she was capable of walking without a walker. She was able to shop without supervision. She had control of herself and was able to make purchases sensibly. Now that she has Alzheimer's, walks with a walker for short distances only, and has to be supervised most of the time, I miss shopping with my mom. I would give anything to have that back.
@db20747 (8484)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Those memories are good to be cherished in our jewelry box of memories. She would really enjoy going out shopping again with the the two of you. And buy some extras like ice cream and funnel cakes.
@db20747 I have told her that I would push her in a wheelchair. She didn't like that idea.
I love going shopping with my mom! I like to help her find deals. My grandmother is a picky shopper so I don't often go with her shopping.
@db20747 (8484)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I guess our grandmothers have been shopping for a long time. I guess they are set in their ways. They know what will lasts a long time and what has quality. We'll just have to go along when we shop with them.
@db20747 Yes! Agreed. My grandma loves quality clothing. I do too but I like for them to go on sale.
@destimona (1930)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
I like to shop with my mom.
@carebear29 (28625)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I have done grocery shopping with my mother in law lol
@IvySaysHi (4344)
I love going shopping with anyone. I don't usually get any replies like that about my interests though