Walking by the Water

Pixabay picture
@AnneEJ (5128)
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yesterday was a beautiful day, so we went for a nice long walk down by the water. The sun was very warm, although the wind was a bit cool. Saw some plants which looked like crocuses starting to poke through the ground in a flower bed. I noticed the buds on some of the trees are getting fat, so a few more warm days and they should burst open. We even saw a man out in his boat, and watched him as he came back to shore and loaded it on his trailer. I am sure that by the weekend there will be others out there as well. We walked around some old buildings - a church and what used to be a Convent. They have done it all over and it almost looks like a new building. There is talk of it being made into condos, and what a view the people who lived there would have. My friend knows this area well, so I am seeing a lot of places that I had not seen before. Should be an interesting summer. Happy Thursday to everyone.
I love to walk around the pond in my area.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
There's something very relaxing about being by the water
Do you see any wildlife at this pond Judy ?
• Portland, Connecticut
It sounds like you are getting some of the signs of spring. We don't have much yet but I have noticed that my allergies are acting up so spring is on the way!!
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yes, spring is a time for allergies, I had a bit of a problem yesterday, but it is still worth it to get outside.
• Portland, Connecticut
@AnneEJ I agree, just feeling the sunshine is worth it.
Isn't it sort of a 'bummer' @BelleStarr that our allergies/ sensitivities clue us into a season change ?
@Bluedoll (16056)
That building might make a place for interesting condos if they make it right. Glad you got out for a walk. I've been doing the same. Don't expect everyone in the world to understand the significance though. The northern long house tribe knows when mother earth appears where it has been hiding for so long. Cheers to you.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Looks like we have a great weekend in store.
@Bluedoll (16056)
@AnneEJ Yes finally. Its been a little bit of a wait for me eh. :-)
I never appreciated the significance of walking until it was too cold to actually NOT be able to do so . . .
@sueznewz2 (8899)
• Alicante, Spain
Sounds like a very nice walk.... it's good that there were some signs of spring...., there are quite a few signs of spring in England with buds opening on the trees and daffodils and tulips out... I love this season...
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yes it is a great time of the year. Today I walked for 3/4 hour on the bike path. It is back from the street so is almost like walking in the country. Saw a lot of robins.
@sueznewz2 (8899)
• Alicante, Spain
@AnneEJ lovely .... lucky you I love robins.... I do enjoy walking too...
Happy Thursday to you as well and what beautiful flowers !
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Thank you, I had a great day and we have sunshine again today. Happy Friday
@AnneEJ same to you ! We hit the 70 mark for temps yey for Saturday
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@enlightenedpsych2 It was +13 Celsius here today and so nice out. The air just felt so different.
@quantum2020 (8269)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Sometimes just a walk around the corner is enough for discovering new things in nature and life!
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
There is always something to see outside.
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@AnneEJ That is right, especially when you live in a northern country! With lots of nature and lakes!
@dodo19 (27090)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I did the same thing on Tuesday. After dropping my girls at preschool, I went for a walk by the water with my little guy. It was a good walk. I'm glad you had a walk too.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yesterday, I just walked the bike path along Salaberry by myself as my friend was busy elsewhere.
@dodo19 (27090)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@AnneEJ there's a good path along there.
Looks like you are going to have quite a summer. Pretty flowers. We have a pond back behind the park about three blocks away. It is Veteran's Park here.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
We have been promised warm weather from here on, so I hope they are right.
@AnneEJ .....Promised? LOL
@silvermist (15319)
@AnneEJ It is always nice to walk by the water especially in new places.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I have lived in this area for four years, but hadn't ventured down by the river, so it is nice to be doing it now.
@silvermist (15319)
@AnneEJ Exploring new areas is always rewarding.
You had a nice walk outside. We have buds on our trees that look like with a few days of warm weather they will come out, but they've been like that for about 10 days waiting patiently. I hope that they didn't get damaged by the cooler weather. Its so nice to get out and notice the subtle changes that the spring weather brings on that we would normally miss if we didn't slow down just a little.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yes and today is nice again. I am just going to finish up my notifications here, and go out for a walk. My friend is busy at other things today, so guess I will have to go alone, but that's okay.
@AnneEJ The sunshine drew me out for a walk this morning. I have been busy house cleaning and mylotting since I got back home but want to go back out again. I even hosed down my big mat and runner and washed them in the grass this morning and hung them over the railing on the deck to dry, they are dry already and back in their perspective places in front of the doors.
@Marcyaz (36138)
It is nice to going walking by the water. Seeing a lot of places you haven't seen before is quite thrilling.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Today I am just going for a walk on the bike path, but it is almost like being out in the country.
@Marcyaz (36138)
@AnneEJ Bike paths are the coolest as they are good for walking also.
@destimona (1962)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
I love to walk in the park which is nearby to my house.It has a small pond.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
It will be nice when we can take a picnic lunch and sit out to eat
@Lucky15 (33769)
i would love to see the old churches :)
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
My friend offered to take me inside but the bell had just rang for their Vesper service, but I said maybe another time.
@DeborahDiane (14920)
• Laguna Woods, California
Enjoy your summer. It sounds like you found a beautiful place to walk!
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
There are lots of good walking places near here, but my favourite is by the river.
Happy Thursday and, that sounds like a good day to me.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Thank you, I had a good day. Sunshine again today. Have a nice Friday
so glad'ja go to get out'n enjoy all the sights, smells'n sounds'f spring. yepperz, those waterdogs'll be swarmin' that place soon, don't blame that fella fer sneakin' out a bit early, lol. ugh, i wish they'd not make those ol' buildin's into condo's coz then there'll be parkin' lots, gas stations 'n other schtuff there to ruin the beauty.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
No thee is a school and a church nearby, so I don't think they will build anything else there.
It's fun to explore new places, and I'm pleased that you have someone to do that with.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yes, it was not as much fun walking alone, so I am glad to have company.
I hope today is just as nice a day for you. Would you believe the time for crocuses and daffodils are past their peak here?
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Yes I am sure those early flowers are gone and you are seeing a lot more. We will, eventually
@Platespinner (17580)
Glad you are seeing signs of spring. We are in the midst of a green explosion at the moment the trees are getting leafy, the grass is turning green and the azaleas that didn't freeze over the weekend are in full bloom.
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
It is nice here again today, so I think I am going to get off my computer and go for a walk
@Elizaby (3292)
• Pensacola, Florida
Love those purple flowers
@AnneEJ (5128)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
They are pretty, aren't they. Too bad they only last a few days.