Do you Zumba?

@CoralLevang (40863)
I'm heading over to the gym here on base for the Zumba class. I think I went to a couple of zumba classes at a local YMCA about 10 or 15 years ago or so. I felt awkward and uncoordinated. It was hard for me to have fun at that time when I was so worried about what other people thought of me. It is likely that I will not be as coordinated as others. It is just as likely that I will feel awkward and self-conscious as I did a decade ago. But the biggest difference is that I can have fun and I don't really care what people think of me anymore. This does not mean that I won't embarrass myself! But I am bound and determined to go and have some fun!
@Ruby3881 (2088)
Have a blast, Coral! I love that you have such a positive attitude about the classes. You're sure to get the most out of it this way
@CoralLevang (40863)
Well, there's no time like the present. If I don't do it now I'll never do it. And thank you for that shot in the arm! I don't always feel so positive, but I'm going to do my best to just take this one on by storm comma even though right now it's just a light drizzle. Sometimes I need to tell myself to FOCUS!
@Ruby3881 (2088)
@CoralLevang I have no doubt there will be thunder involved, with you in the picture Coral! Just wait, that drizzle will turn into a full blown storm
@CoralLevang (40863)
@Ruby3881 you know I could start talking about how big a person I am and how my clumpy feet would cause an earthquake and then there would be thunderstorms... Shall I go on? I'm sure there's a bad joke about thunder thighs in there too! Haha
• Hyderabad, India
I saw Zumba on tv as well on the happy street. I am right now recovering from Knee injury. Once I will be recovered from that, i may start that one.
@CoralLevang (40863)
I have a bad right knee so I may have to nurse it a little bit, but that's the nice thing about any of these classes is that you can do them to your level. I'm over 60 now and things are starting to break down a little bit comma but if I don't do things now and move through some of my challenges, then I will just stay at home and sit and I don't want to do that. I hope your knee gets better soon!
• Hyderabad, India
@CoralLevang ; really you are inspiring me, I will definitely think of going ZUMBA classes soon.
I feel that way but it' right in my house. lol I do it alone and stopped paying for classes because,I could not keep up.
@CoralLevang (40863)
The social aspect is very important to me. This is something that I know about myself. One of the things that is great about doing things like this or starting them at the age of 60, is that the young people think it's cool that the old people are trying!
Go girl, just do it and do not worry one bit about what others are thinking.
@CoralLevang (40863)
Those are my plans! The one I really have to worry about who's thinking what... is me! Haha
@BellaDoc (754)
• San Diego, California
I agree with this!
• Riga, Latvia
@CoralLevang At a loss here. I have no idea what zumba classes are.
@Platespinner (18563)
Enjoy yourself. I've considered trying Zumba, but what I'm doing right now seems to be working and I'm a firm believer in not messing with a good thing.
@BellaDoc (754)
• San Diego, California
Ooo what are you doing? I need all the help I can get
@BellaDoc I use Ttapp.
Yes, go for the fun! I embarrass myself all the time and seem to handle it pretty well due to so many moments of embarrassment.
@CoralLevang (40863)
Maybe we get to a certain age when we get used to embarrassing ourselves all the time? Haha
@Inlemay (17336)
• South Africa
Zumba dance classes or exercising is quite good for the toning of the body and the heart rate - i do it occasionally, but I really dont like exercising much, prefer to play sport
@IvySaysHi (4216)
I love doing Zumba it is awesome, fun, and burns a lot of calories!
@CoralLevang (40863)
That's what I'm hoping for! I put on about 20 pounds since last summer, and I need to get them off
@IvySaysHi (4216)
@CoralLevang I haven't lost the weight i gained from pregnancy but with zumba and a better diet I have already lost a few pounds
@CoralLevang (40863)
@IvySaysHi my diet is actually okay for the most part. I'm dealing with some other health issues that actually challenge the weight issues big time. But I need to do what I can do. The one thing that I don't do as often as I need to is the exercise, and at this stage of my life it'll probably make things better.
My two left feet, and lack of coordination keep me from joining these classes. Yeah, I am sure I would have a good time. However, I would be spending more time on the floor from tripping over a hair.
@CoralLevang (40863)
You and I are the same, but guess what. Two left feet is better than only having one foot. So I did it today I look like a goof I couldn't keep up I did sweat a little bit, and I'm going back tomorrow at 10 o'clock
@CoralLevang good for you Coral! I am not that brave. Soon it will be dry and warm enough to go for walks. Fishing season is upon us too. Love to fish.
@CoralLevang (40863)
@ElusiveButterfly I haven't been fishing and so darned long. I would love to do that again. Are you the one that's in Moses Lake Washington?
@cherigucchi (3953)
Hello Coral! Been thinking about you lately. I wish I ahve the time to do it may be soon.
@CoralLevang (40863)
You were on my mind the other day! I think of everybody so often, but just don't seem to have the time or energy anymore to tell people how much I do think about them. Sometimes I just wish I were 30 years younger and had another 10 hours a day
@CoralLevang I always do think of you and even thinking of sending you a card but I have been too tied with lots of work that I even take them home. I hope that you do always take care of yourself.
@PrarieStyle (2504)
Last summer I did it at the Y but only in the pool. It was fun, I never care much what people think of me, they all looked silly too. I never felt any different though when I got home, I expected to be sore the next day. I must either be in better shape then I thought or it wasn't that much of a work out.
@CoralLevang (40863)
Doing it in the pool makes it a much different kind of workout
@josie_ (5145)
It's a fun thing so have some fun. It's an activity that's more physical than mental so just let your body take over. and "May the force be with you" as Obi-wan kenobi would have said
@CoralLevang (40863)
I think it will take some time for me to have some fun with it, but I'll get used to. I will try it six times. If at the end of those 6 times I do not like it, then I will find something different.
• Austin, Texas
No I don't Zumba. But I wholeheartedly support all the Zumba-ers out there! Go sis!!!
@CoralLevang (40863)
I wish we could still find Jazzercise.
I do two times a week.
@CoralLevang (40863)
The class I went to today had 37 people in it and there was not one man.
I don't zumba or rumba - way to much work and I'm not into working. Have fun. I have Bengay if you need some.
@CoralLevang (40863)
I might just have to take you up on that one!
I don't even know what zumba is. It sounds like a writing site!
@CoralLevang (40863)
It is a way of exercising to Latin rhythms. Probably today's version of what used to be known as Jazzercise or something like that. I don't know what all of it was either! I wasn't much into group exercise before. Lol
• Aberdeen, Scotland
I do it often, it's great fun
@CoralLevang (40863)
It's offered 3 days a week here on the base. I think it's $3.50 each class. So, I'm going to give it a whirl.
@BellaDoc (754)
• San Diego, California
Have fun! I love zumba, but am also not very co-ordinated at times
@CoralLevang (40863)
I don't have a lot of coordination. I think that's why I feel more embarrassed about anything.
@LeaPea2417 (15388)
• Toccoa, Georgia
No, I have never done that.
@miniam (9303)
• Bern, Switzerland
Way to go, enjoy yourself and be uncoordinated but just do it. I dont think i`d have the courage to Zumba,like you Im sure i`ll be uncoordinated