Bengali New Year!

Today is an auspicious day for the Bengali community in India; it is the start of a new year in the Bengali Calendar. We celebrate this day with the worship of Lord Ganesha. We buy new clothes and have feast on this day. We greet Happy New Year to friends and family, with exchange of sweets. Wishing good luck to all on this Holy Day!
@grvdubey11 (1882)
Happy new year.
Same to you friend. Wish you a good time!
This day sounds like a wonderful celebration! Wishing good luck to you on this Bengali Holy Day!
Thanks a lot! Wish you good luck too!
This is very interesting because it clearly goes away from a monotheistic ideology (which is very good cause there can not believably be just one God for all) and found a useful link which I hope is permitted in the commenting section: Thank you @arundhatiwriter for teaching me about your celebration, well at least a small glimpse of it
About the elephant-headed deity - the Hindu god of success, the importance of his form and how he got his head.
So nice to see that you have interest to know this. As you have found, Lord Ganesha is the God of success, progress and prosperity. He is mainly worshiped by the businessmen, along with his sister Goddess Lakshmi, who is the Goddess of finance.
@arundhatiwriter I wonder can a good business woman on the other side of the planet where I am be heard by this God of success ? I do enjoy receiving a worldly appreciation for good fortune instead of just depending on local aura
@arundhatiwriter believe me my interest is real because it is so different and exciting in comparison to the culture I was brought up in. See I believe God allowed me the desire to seek as much as I could from all people of all cultures to learn, forever gaining wisdom from everywhere instead of being centered in one place, knowing very little. I appreciate the community of myLot for the very informative topics being written about, I learn so much , it is like a great school.