Watching Birds Is Very Interesting

Last night I was looking out at the bird feeders. There underneath were two Mourning Doves. So I watched them for a bit. I think they are so precious looking. They were sitting right by the feeders. They were eating off and on some of the seed that had fallen on the ground. Their little heads were darting from side to side. They are very enjoyable to watch.
• Marion, Kansas
I think watching birds or anything else in nature is very good for you. It helps you relax and get rid of stress.
Yes @GardenGerty It can be very relaxing. The only thing I don't care for are when the bigger black birds show up. They have blue necks. Don't know what kind they are.
@Marcyaz (35793)
So far I haven't seen any birds out by the birdhouses as i think it has still been a little to chilly for them but we are seeing some flying over the house the last few days since the weather has been nicer.
When you look at how they are 'built' it's hard to believer they can fly !!
@mom210 (6449)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I love morning doves, we had one lay a nest and have babies right on our porch. I figured we would be way to busy for it to want to be there with all the activity on that porch, nope.
I'm following one person on instagram who keeps hummingbirds around her house. The birds are free to fly around and they come near her only during feeding time. I find the hummingbirds in particular quite interesting.
@VivaLaDani13 (17262)
• Perth, Australia
aw how cute! Yeah I think watching any type of animal when they are unaware can be an amazing experience. To see what they get up to and how they act.
@Daljinder (20928)
@VivaLaDani13 Then you must been a lover of Animals' Planet?
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder When it's played I will watch it but unfortunately it's mainly on Foxtel. ( which is like cable ). Andrew has it in his room but we don't have it out in the lounge room.
@Daljinder (20928)
@VivaLaDani13 You always have YouTube
Wild Amazon HD (National Geographic) DocumentaryWild Amazon National GeographicWild Amazon DocumentaryNational Geographic Wild AmazonWild Amazon Life Of Anim...
I like to watch the robins, and yesterday saw a blue jay in the back yard, that's a sign of spring.
@Juliaacv Yes, the blue jays are so pretty. We get them once in a while at the feeders.
For some reason, the hummingbird feeders have gone dormant here. Not a hummer in sight for quite a few days.
I noticed that a lot of the birds are coming around.I do not have a feeder,But they come here and see what they can get. I leave some food for them.
I love mourning doves. They nest on the ground under bushes and brush piles. They have a distinctive sad call of "mourning" that actually touches the heart. The sound is heard often in native American music. *be blessed*
@Asylum (48288)
• Manchester, England
The pleasure in watching birds does rather depend on what species are around.
@sunrisefan (16941)
The heat has been getting worse in our place during the last few months and every afternoon I make sure to water our plants and loan using the garden hose. I noticed that birds take the opportunity to bathe on the leaves of the pomelo tree which I also drench with water. Just this afternoon, I noticed that there were about 3 kinds of birds that came to bathe and they "call out" to their buddies to join the bathing spree. I guess they're affected too by the extreme heat. The sight of the birds enjoying the afternoon bath is indeed enjoyable to watch too :)
• Portland, Connecticut
It is funny, I am not really a bird lover and have no bird feeders but when it happens near me I am fascinated.
@ladylaura89 (1410)
• Manchester, England
i think they are more relaxing dont you think
@destimona (1931)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Yes. ofcourse. They are very enjoyable to watch.
• Olney, Illinois
Scar likes sitting out by the tree where we feed them and watching, I prefer to do it from the recliner inside.
@sugartoes (38400)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I love to watch birds do what they do rather it be eating or playing in a bird bath or flying they are so awesome to watch when there's nothing else better to watch outdoors
I get to see birds living their life every single day. My garden is designed with birds in mind.
I actually like birds, I thought one day I might want a parrot.
I love watching the birds too, they are so cool.