Bad words

@marky7 (551)
Independence, Louisiana
When trying to describe a series of books for someone I was giving the title of the first book in the series which is the Kent Family Chronicles and the first book is a bad word describing the first member of the family. I thought since it is a name of the book it would be okay to use that word. I guess it was not so I tried to describe the word. I think I succeeded.
Since I have not looked up this series of books, I am clueless about the 'word' in question but if it sounds to anyone as an insulting degrading kind of term, I am sure there is someone out there who will be offended
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Even good words can be insulting to some.
@cindiowens yes especially a person who has a low self-esteem and hears constructive criticism as an insult instead of an improvement tool . . .
@Ruby3881 (2012)
(I had to look it up, as I'm not familiar with these books! ) I wouldn't think that particular word is terribly offensive to most people today. It's not nice to call somebody that, but use of the word in a discussion of literature or history is fairly common in "mixed company" these days. Isn't it?
@marky7 (551)
• Independence, Louisiana
It was the title of the first volume of the Kent Family Chronicles.