A deceptively colourful exercise of democracy.

@xFiacre (7505)
Ireland
Mr Brown is standing for the Green Party in East Belfast when we have our election in May to the Northern Ireland Assembly. That's really the only observation of note that I've made so far regarding our forthcoming electoral extravaganza so I thought I'd share it with you all.
@pgntwo (20853)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Oh you could elaborate on why "extravaganza", I suspect...
@xFiacre (7505)
@pgntwo Well I got a bit of a surprise to see a friend's picture hanging from lampposts in North Belfast last week. I'd no idea she was standing let alone hanging but, I'll not be voting for her. South Belfast's offering of politicos is confusing with many indistinguishable shades to chose from. At least the referendum is a straight yes or no.
@pgntwo (20853)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@xFiacre Straight? More doglegs than Brand's Hatch... And there are restrictions on the classes of citizen or resident permitted to vote. Rigged from the start, methinks.
• Eugene, Oregon
We have a local mayoral and city council election coming up. I just today sent a letter to the editor of our local newspaper, commenting on the where signs are placed for one candidate for mayor. You can easily see that he represents the business and real estate interests in town.