Justice Must Be Blind

@artemeis (4008)
China
No matter how well established the law may be I could never really accept instances where the perpetrators got away with rapes. It really is a matter of interpretation but as the laws have stated, this is one heck of a day I would not want to be at the victim's end. 1. A sex perpetrator who was simply acquitted and walked away from sexually abusing a child with a sex toy because she's a female and that the act of "penetration" was not considered because of the gender. http://news.asiaone.com/news/mailbox/law-meant-cover-female-sex-abusers 2. A woman was raped by her father-in-law and gave birth to her own brother-in-law. Circumstances that led to this unfortunate and disgusting incident was that she married an impotent husband. Since the family wanted continuity with a descendant she was forced by her mother-in-law to have sex with other men to get pregnant and when she ran away. She was later found and persuaded to return home by her father-in-law with an assurance that she would not have to sleep with other men. But on the way back, things got awry and she was allegedly raped and impregnated. Now it is a he-says-she-says which I don't think the father-in-law or perpetrator will receive any charges and punishments. http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/woman-china-gives-birth-own-brother-law 3. In another bizarre case, a rape activist live-blogs her rape ordeal and shockingly I could see the lack of protection woman has before a crime and even more so after the crime. The treatment given to rape victims are just appalling and preventing rape crimes even more disturbing. It is no wonder how sex crimes have been on the increase and you may beg to differ but the facts are blatant. What do you think is wrong here? Image courtesy of vectorolie from FreeDigitalImage,net
@skysnap (17578)
I think the law has too many loopholes to get justice. This happens with every law under the sun.
@artemeis (4008)
Perhaps this is the reason why lawyers are still willing to defend the guilty and find it rather lucrative.
@skysnap (17578)
@artemeis I recently came across a case where a cop was rigged into the case with fake accusation. these days anything is possible. hard to find our who is victim and who is playing.
@artemeis (4008)
@skysnap The ramifications here would be that the people will loose faith and eventually trust in the legal enforcement and the system it has established. Retrospectively, when the people cry wolf waywardly - genuine perpetrators will be protected undeservingly.
What could be wrong is the interpretation of the act itself-- if married intimacy is misconstrued as allowing it to be 'expected' while if not married, then it is a crime and again if the partner is unwilling, should NOT be forced. Good post
@artemeis (4008)
Thank you and I hope every one here will remember that we owe it to ourselves to be protected and not depend on the law. Prevention is better than "cure" and avoidance is probably the best justice for ourselves.
@artemeis excellent answer and I agree protect ourselves the best way we know how
@artemeis (4008)
@enlightenedpsych2 Thank you and I hope all's well with you.
@LLSummer (590)
• Guizhou, China
It is really annoyed thing when someone's right are been violated and can't find Justice .how blind it is .
@artemeis (4008)
I find that the laws need to be reviewed and revised constantly to prevent manipulations, which is the reason how lawyers from perpetrators could manipulate to their client's advantage to avoid the due punishments. At the same time, detective work should escalate to a higher level so that the evidence procured could prove guilt beyond any doubts and prosecute successfully. Learning and reading these cases just makes my blood boil and feel sorry for the victims.
@LLSummer (590)
• Guizhou, China
I do think so@artemeis
@theBlock (2471)
The worst crimes are against children. It breaks my heart and makes me angry
@artemeis (4008)
Child abuse is definitely heartbreaking and heart wrenching where there are much stronger call and demand for tougher sentences. However, I am asking what the adult parents are doing to prevent such harms from befalling on their wards, when they precariously hire a baby sitter, ignore the warnings of a potentially dangerous neighborhood and most of all, going about negligently with their children under their care.
@acelawrites (10343)
Poor woman, her rights are blatantly trampled! The father-in-law and the perpetrators should be penalized for the rape. So many loopholes.
@artemeis (4008)
Just when you think that the law could protect each and everyone of us and I don't think any one could have envisage it could be contradictory to this extent.
@kaka135 (13442)
It's really sad to read these news. I have no idea how this could happen, and how the criminals can escape from being judged and punished. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with our society now and how we can help. Are there any people helping the victims?
@artemeis (4008)
Nope and sadly it is factual and true.
This is even beyond my control. we are just lucky we didn't have these kind of experiences, sorry we can't do a thing about it. we intervene, it would get us into trouble too.
@artemeis (4008)
It shows how even the very established laws could incapacitate us and gives us NO protection whatsoever at all. Loopholes are simply implementations not addressed and updated with the times.
In most cases,justice has long arms,but sometimes not .It depends upon how firmly a country enforces its law .
@artemeis (4008)
It is very important that the enforcement do their diligence in their investigations work and give due considerations to the victims. More importantly implement measures to prevent such crimes from happening to women and most of all, children.
Justice is more often blind than just.
@artemeis (4008)
In this view, I have to say that the blindness is probably caused by the lack from the law enforcement and proper interpretation of the established law.
@waflay (2729)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I sometimes think rape culprits cheat justice by hiring lawyers to fight for their innocence even when evidence is really pinning them.They have no shame as they use twisting law language to manipulate a case to their favor.
@artemeis (4008)
I feel that the law should not be allowed to be manipulated and that law enforcement should be more resourceful and meticulous with their work to prove their guilty beyond any doubt and chance for manipulation.