Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 28 Psalm 28 Psalm 28:1 < Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. 2 Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle. 3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbors, but mischief is in their hearts. 4 Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavors: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their reward. 5 Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them, and not build them up. 6 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. 7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise him. 8 The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. 9 Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up forever. When we look at the day’s headlines. When we see the news on television. When we talk to those around us. What do we do? Do we add our voice to those already making their voices heard? Do we decry the same thing, and shout for justice? Or do we turn our heads and backs and walk the other way, pretending the problem isn’t there or that it will go away? We have this idea that today is different from yesterday, that nothing could possibly be as bad as we are experiencing today. Yet, David showed with his psalms, that nothing has changed in 4000 years. Solomon also said there is nothing new under the sun. Instead, David saw the wickedness around him and knew he could do nothing by himself to make a difference, but he knew the one who could and directed his prayers toward God to take care of the wickedness he saw all around him every day. When we see the atrocities shown on the news and in our newspapers, we too should do as David did, and lift our prayers to him to take care of the evil in this world. ISIS is a force we cannot run away from, or hide our heads in the sand over. It will not go away just because we ignore it. Evil is like that – in your face and lets you know it’s there and not going away. You might think there is nothing you can do. Yet there is one thing you can do. You can follow David’s example and pray. Pray for God to get rid of the evil in your world. Pray for people who are working to correct the problem to either help them or send resources to help. Pray that you can help in some area that will prove beneficial to all those around you. There is only one thing we can do – Pray, and let God touch your hearts for the answer, and watch God work to get rid of the evil surrounding us. He’s the only one who can defeat ISIS and all the other evil in this world. Let’s pray: Father, evil abounds in this world. Thank you that you have a plan to get rid of the evil represented by ISIS and the other troubles this world suffers. Help me make a difference in this war on evil and use me. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 16 April 2016 by Valerie Jean Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@destimona (1915)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Amen. Thanks for wonderful posts.
You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed and got meaning from it.
@destimona (1915)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
@just4him I could see God is using you to many people .
@destimona Thank you for that wonderful compliment.
@Drosophila (16699)
For a better day. :)
Yes, we always hope for a better day.
@Drosophila (16699)
@just4him Indeed :D
@CRK109 (14410)
Thank you for this, Valerie. I pray for peace all the time. I know that I can promote peace in my little corner of the world, and beyond that, prayer is my best weapon against evil. So I use it the best that I can. :)
I do too.