Diary Saturday 16th April 2016

Photo taken by me – Newton Heath Library, Manchester
Preston, England
A scary day concerning my mum as her attempt to go shopping with my sister in supervision ended when my mum’s bone condition and arthritis got too painful for her and my sister brought her home. Fortunately it was not her heart acting up this time but her other ailments. I am hoping to get her to let me or my sister shop online for her but she dislikes the idea of sending money to anyone online. I visited the library for a few hours. It was bright sunshine when I went out but pouring with sleet on my homeward journey. Arthur Chappell
Hope everything gets better with your mom, mine doesn't really like to buy things online either.
I'm sorry about your mother. I can understand why she would like to go out to shop. Sleet at this time of year is a bummer!
@Mike197602 (13363)
• Worcester, England
Maybe if she dislikes the idea of shopping online you could guarantee the money If she gets skanked you could pay her back??
• Preston, England
@Mike197602 alas not, my own finances are at rock bottom - my sister could put the orders out though as she buys and sells a lot via e-bay
That was scary that your mom was unable to shop with your sister due to your mom's health problems. I too am glad it was not her heart condition that was the problem.
• Preston, England
@Corbin5 it was distressing but it could have been far worse of course
We're getting snow all weekend. Luckily it's not really sticking yet.
It's good that she still wants to get out and shop. Maybe short trips would be better.
Older people (of which I'm one really) dislike change in many ways. If they have no experience with internet shopping, they are likely to be very chary of it.