Car problems & broken vacuum .. things always come in threes

My vacuum cleaner
Well so this weekend all the issues with my man not being home had me really really upset. I'm just catching my breath from all of that and now two more things have come up. I took my kids to the library and store after school today and a light on the dashboard in my van came on and my van started chugging. I called and got set up for an oil change on Wednesday. It is 1000 miles and 2 months over due. I am praying that is the problem. I just plugged my Dyson vacuum in and it wouldn't work. I plugged it in the outlet below and it worked. Then I turned it off and tried to use it again and it wouldn't work. So apparently now my vacuum cleaner is broken two. It always seems to be true that problems comes in threes. My bad luck better stop here I can't handle any more!
Maybe your car will be just fine with the oil change. and your vac will need something small.
It isn't just needing an oil change unfortunately. My dad checked the oil and it is full. So I dropped it off at the garage today and told them that there is a light on and its chugging. I told them I thought it was due to the oil but its not because its full.. but that its due for an oil change anyway. He said he will look at it. I hope its a simple fix. I walked to the store and carried home 3 yogurts, a half gallon of milk and a gallon of iced tea. Its only about a mile and a half that I walked but I am exhausted.
We have had a week of troubles too hope you can get it fixed.
Holy moly you went back a long ways for this post. This was almost a year ago. As far as the vaccum that was not actually broken it was an old electrical outlet that I had plugged it into was old and needed to be replaced.
Yes, stuff just seems to come about that causes us great stress right in a row. I do hope the oil change is the fix for the van problem.
I'm sorry! I really hope things get better and I hope nothing else goes wrong.
Well I am full of anxiety. I think that is going to make the weekend a lot harder. I think I may have to go take an anxiety pill as I am just such a nervous wreck today. Knowing my mans son will be here means that my man will be around more and have very little tolerance around my kids. This is the last weekend that I will ever have to worry about this. I just want to get it over with!
@scheng1 (24947)
The van problem is expected since it is two months overdue for maintenance. The vacuum problem probably is not a new problem. You may have noticed some strange sound or it has not been working well for some time. Perhaps you can try again a few hours later, and if not, buy a new one.
Nope the vacuum wasnt acting up at all. It just wouldn't turn on. I emptied it and took it apart looking for maybe something stuck in it preventing it from working but there wasn't anything. It worked after that. The vans oil wasn't the problem but I did have it changed. The injectors are going bad. Hopefully it won't be an expensive fix.
@scheng1 (24947)
@shaggin Sounds like a good scare! Hope everything turns out fine.
It's got to get better now that you've had your three things.! Good luck.
Me too! I want only good luck from here on out. I have really bad anxiety today. I have been on the computer catching up on stuff (as well as wasting time on facebook) all morning. I have to go take a few photos to finish a crowdtap sampling mission and write a blog later. For now though since my van is acting up I have to walk to town and get some food for dinner later. Thankfully it is only a mile to town and it is a nice day.
@shaggin Sorry about your anxiety - perhaps the walk into town will help to dissipate it.
The oil change is a simple fix BUT the Dyson may not be so easy . . . hmm is the Dyson clogged anywhere that would inhibit the on button to function properly ?
Someone else mentioned the same thing. It is just a button that turns it on to start it. It doesn't seem that anything could possibly keep that from working. Its not full or anything. Maybe I will give it a shot today taking the parts all off and making sure their isn't a clog. Better to check then to buy a new one when maybe the problem can be fixed easily.
@shaggin exactly ! saving yourself the expense of purchasing a brand new one when something very simple is NOT allowing it to fire up is best good luck with it
@kaka135 (13484)
I am sorry to hear those problems you encountered. Since you said, problems come in three, now there'll be good luck for you. Just pray for the positive!
I hope I have good luck from here on out. The sun is shining it is a gorgeous day that is something to be happy about. I emptied the vacuum even though it wasn't full. I took it apart to see if there was anything stuck in it and there wasn't but it seems to be working now so maybe something just wasn't on fully. Hopefully it continues to work.
@rina110383 (23527)
Sorry to hear that. I'm hoping that it's oild change and not something more serious. I hope things will be better by tomorrow and the succeeding days.
The garage said that the injectors are going bad. I cant remember if he is going to take them out and clean them or put new ones in. Its driveable but really annoying and probably not that great to keep driving it. I put over 200 miles on it this weekend. I have to call in the morning to see when they can get it back in to be worked on.
@UncleJoe (8617)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
It's not likely your oil change will correct the chugging but that is a good place to find out what the real problem is. We have a light, battery-powered Dyson. I love it.
I was hopeful that it was low on oil causing the problem. I have to look in the manual but it sounds like to my man that the problem could be a clogged 02 sensor or something like that he said. I have to take it for an oil change tomorrow and i will ask them about the light that is on the dashboard and the chugging. Hopefully it is an easy fix as my daughter has an eye doctor appointment an hour away the following day.
I think you just need to sit back, have deep breathe and relax. problems like these, you need to do it one at a time, may i suggest forget about that man for just a day and this problem of yours seems to be close by.
He and I did okay today. I haven't asked but I think he might be planning to move out this weekend. Im stressed wondering if he will be out all night Thursday like he was last week. He has his son this weekend I'm just very nervous about how things are going to go.
Sounds like Dyson might be clogged or has a dodgy plug. Im not a fan of Dyson, they seem to break too quickly. Hope your fortunes get better!
I have had this Dyson for sooo long. My other vacuums I would get a year or two out of. This dyson was warranty for 5 years. It has lasted past that! I love my dyson I really am dreading having to buy a new one. I got this on ebay for $400. It was $100 less then I would have paid at the store. I don't think I will buy one off ebay again though I worry about getting things that costly online from auction sellers.
Oh no! I hope your car is just the oil change. I hope everything gets better for you! It's no fun to get stuck in bad luck.
I have something funny to share with you. My son could not find his dog last night that he took upstairs. He said oh my gosh this is such bad luck lately. I swear that kid is a mind reader. Although that is exactly what I was thinking yesterday I did not say anything about it. I said you know what you are right we are having bad luck lately but hopefully we will start having some good luck soon.