When in Rome

@Talknpen (1822)
Have you heard the saying that when you are in Rome you should do as the Romans. I am definitely down with respecting culture and people in general, but I have to be somewhere where I can be myself. Have you ever been somewhere different that had you itching to come home because you could not be yourself. Did you ever make the mistake of doing something due to pressure from a social affiliation or group?
The only thing I can think of that comes even close is that I can't be myself when meeting all my girlfriend's parents.
@Talknpen (1822)
Hi Scott. I would be who I needed to be for parents of a significant other as well. You don't want to ruffle those feathers.
Good questions and in answer to your first, yeah there have been outings where I could not wait to get home and just be 'me' and second question well if what other people were doing was not dangerous to myself or others, I probably would at least attempt it . . .
@Talknpen (1822)
Hi Erica. I was on that same program. I just did not want to be someone who had to change myself for anyone. I also enjoy having fun challenges in a group, but I want everyone to be safe as well as myself.
I would not willingly go any where that would make me feel like that.
@Talknpen (1822)
Hi sharon6345. I would not want to go there either.