Goodbye to a Legend

This evening I saw that Doris Roberts died, at the age of 90. I first remember her for an episode of Full House she did decades ago, where she played Danny Tanner's mother. Most of all though, I remember her as Marie on Everybody Loves Raymond. I think that multiple Emmy winning role is what the majority of people know her from. Although, she guest starred on a lot of shows, like The Middle (which stars Patricia Heaton who played her DIL on Raymond), Touched by an Angel, and Grey's Anatomy. I believe she was also on the show Remington Steele (with Pierce Brosnan). Anyway, I just really liked that sweet lady. She was classy, funny, and brought me many a laugh. I only ever saw her do comedy roles, but I'm sure she was just as great in dramatic roles. Rest in peace, sweet lady. Rest in peace.
She lived a long life, 90 is a good age. I remember her best in the show with Raymond in it too.
Ninety is wonderful, especially when her mind was still as sharp.
@AmbiePam Its amazing, and when you think of how much her mind has had to process, to memorize over the years, all of those lines and the personality traits for the various characters that she played, it really is a lot. Maybe that is what kept her mind so nimble, who knows.
I was heart broken to hear this. She was a wonderful actress in many movies, and a wonderful person.
She really was. She worked tirelessly to bring attention to elder abuse in nursing homes. Not to mention the other worthy causes she championed.
Even though she was 90, it is always a shock when someone passes whom you have been watching forever in TV.
Yes, I agree.
@patgalca (14480)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I first remember her from Remington Steele (I loved that show). I was surprised to see that she was 90. She didn't look that old at all.
She really didn't.
I didn't know that. May she rest in peace. She was such a good actress.
Yes, she really was. A treat to watch.
I saw that yesterday as well. I never watched Everybody Loves Raymond, so I'm not familiar with her, but when I mentioned her to my son, he was aware of her and her passing.